• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re:Trying again,guys.....................

156 posts in this topic

You know,if this message board would let me,I'd answer Collector how he SHOULD be answered.

I'm guessing, something like...

"Oh black-hearted Goblin King, I shall smite thee down with my +5 Axe of Familial Woe, then my Wizard will unleash his Orb of Comic Regret, my Dark Elf punctures you with his +3 Whining Arrows, and my Cleric delivers a crippling blow with the Overused Scrolls of Mathematics."

27_laughing.gif

So your Dad worked 3 jobs to buy you that pile of 893censored-thumb.gif? Did they come in Gold boxes with Platinum dividers?

Uh-how is that about me and not him when you're telling me I made it up about him?I realize you're just having a grand old time dissing me-but someone needs to realize some comments are just bad taste and a joke CAN go too far.

I reinterate:WHATEVER,Collector.................

A.L.

Answer him anyway you want. Once you sell these books,you'll never be back anyway.

btw-I no longer have any interest in these books.Best of luck in the future.Don't forget there are always great prospects for mathmatical people in Vegas,and you don't even need a degree.

Hey Andrew.

I see that you auction is at $585.00 with 20 hours to go.

Looks like you may get a reasonable amount for you books in the end.

I hope you enable yourself to keep some of the money to purchase a keepsake to remember the good times when your Dad took you comic shopping.

After you sell your collection please take the time to look some of the advise that has been given on the boards. My one comment is to always remember that when selling an item, presentation is king.

Its just like selling a used car. If you take it to the dealer for a valuation and it looks like a mess, you will get a lower valuation than if you spend $100 to have it detailed before the valuation.

Also have a real world idea on the value of what you are selling. This obviously gave you some heartache early on as you somehow had the idea that your books would sell at list topping prices. That would be like me trying to sell a 3 year old car that had been crashed & trying to get brand new showroom retail price for it.

We may never see you again after your auction but remember that just because you may be very smart in your field of mathematics it does not make you smart at anything else in life. We can all learn from one another & I hope you take some learnings about whats needed to buy & sell collectables.

Ohhh & remember that just because some [embarrassing lack of self control] did something with a knife a long time ago. 99% of the world are actually decent people.

Regards,

Russ... thumbsup2.gif

Andrew, you may not be able to hear it... but my heart is breaking. 27_laughing.gif

I especially liked this nugget:

He'd be late to his jobs-all 3 of them-to make sure he could take me to get whatever I needed in comics or to preserve them.

So your Dad worked 3 jobs to buy you that pile of 893censored-thumb.gif? Did they come in Gold boxes with Platinum dividers?

I am still trying to figure out how he was late for 3 jobs at one time so he could take his kid to the comic store. confused.gif

You know,if this message board would let me,I'd answer Collector how he SHOULD be answered.

I'm guessing, something like...

"Oh black-hearted Goblin King, I shall smite thee down with my +5 Axe of Familial Woe, then my Wizard will unleash his Orb of Comic Regret, my Dark Elf punctures you with his +3 Whining Arrows, and my Cleric delivers a crippling blow with the Overused Scrolls of Mathematics."

And this is why I could never stay mad at anything JC said. He gets annoying sometimes with the pencil armed nerd [embarrassing lack of self control] but then he produces gems like this.

Uh-how is that about me and not him when you're telling me I made it up about him?

Huh? I think you're BS'ing about your Dad working 3 jobs just to buy you this POS pile of comics, so yes, I am slamming you and your comments.

How is this so difficult for you to grasp?

Uh-how is that about me and not him when you're telling me I made it up about him?

Huh? I think you're BS'ing about your Dad working 3 jobs just to buy you this POS pile of comics, so yes, I am slamming you and your comments.

How is this so difficult for you to grasp?

Well it wouldn't be the first time he lied ... 5 friends ... one knife ... an eBay deal gone sour! 27_laughing.gif

Thank you for your kind words,Aussie.

And JC can go to hell.Hope the Board doesn't blank THAT out.Bust my chops all you want for your pathetic kicks,but leave my family out of it. For the record-he'd take me on the weekends before his third job.He worked the other 2 during the week from 7 am to 11 pm.I barely saw him then.But anyone with half a functioning brain would have figured THAT out, which excludes JC,obviously...................

Andrew L.

and it's on 76 watch lists,so it may cost you quite a bit for the priviledge of spiteing me.......................

Don't let that number go to your head, as I've got it on my list (just to see what the final total is) and I have absolutely no interest in buying that dross.

and it's on 76 watch lists,so it may cost you quite a bit for the priviledge of spiteing me.......................

Don't let that number go to your head, as I've got it on my list (just to see what the final total is) and I have absolutely no interest in buying that dross.

Ditto, but I have 5 of my shills watching it too.. devil.gif

Prediction:

Andrew will shill this auction to ensure he doesn't give his precious "investment books" away (and hoping a crack addict outbids him), then come back here in a few weeks with a sob story about how the "buyer stiffed him" and he is "forced to relist it".

Maybe not, but that's the vibe I'm getting.

Prediction:

Andrew will shill this auction to ensure he doesn't give his precious "investment books" away (and hoping a crack addict outbids him), then come back here in a few weeks with a sob story about how the "buyer stiffed him" and he is "forced to relist it".

Maybe not, but that's the vibe I'm getting.

I hate it when I think the same as JC.. 27_laughing.gif

just kidding bud thumbsup2.gif