• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re:Trying again,guys.....................

156 posts in this topic

I get paid FIRST before they see a glimpse of it-I don't care if they send a stork to pick them up............

What is that supposed to mean? You honestly believe that these "legit bidders" can't scrape together $800, or are you setting us up for a shill-based "dey nebber payed!!" relist? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

and you guys MAY hear from me again.........

First of all good price you got .

Does seem odd thought. Buyer seems to deal in Golden age books and art.

One of two things happened here i think.

One he is reading this and felt he was helping out Andrew or two he will want to pick up local then haggle again when he see the condition of the books (Not saying they are in bad condition but that is what I will think will happen and if you dont come down he will walk away, ) He seems to be a dealer and I doubt he will purchase without going through the boxes.

Anyways Lets hope he pays and keep us up to date if he shows up and pays.

$800 is not exactly what you wanted but it will help with school.

Dear Spider;

I have made it VERY clear to all bidders that no one SEES books without paying FIRST.I'm the seller,those are MY rules.I'm the one with the product for sale,so I get to set the terms.PERIOD.That's my protection from anyone trying to shaft me.

Trust me,I have feared the whole ,"WHAT,you expect me to pay 860 for THIS?!?Screw you! " and off they go thinking I'm gonna break down in tears and give it to them for 50 bucks, scenario since I started this.NOT gonna happen if that's what the buyer's planning.Trust me.It'll hurt my financial situation-but NO ONE puts one over on me.I'm not begging for this money.No matter how bad I need it.I'm not tossing away 3/4 of my life.

So no need to worry about me,although I DO apprieciate it.

Ok,JC and Company,go to work ripping me now..........

Sincerely,

A.L. tongue.gifpoke2.gifforeheadslap.gifsign-rantpost.gif

Ok,JC and Company,go to work ripping me now..........

Honestly I dont think there is anything left to say. You had books that were worth a lot less than you thought they were. We tried to help you and you kept throwing this sob story at us.

Andrew.

I have a hypothetical for you.

You have set up this auction to cover your bases well enough. You want it all to be a straight forward deal where the buyer pays & then gets the comics.

What happens if the buyer gets the comics and they are over graded?

If this happened would it not be you that is shafting the buyer? Should he not be entitled to a refund or a cheaper rate.

Just thought I would ask as you are new to grading books and it is paoosible that you may have graded some books as mint or Fine when they are only really Good or Very good books.

What happens if this was to occur? Will you play by the same rules that you expect the buyer to play by. confused-smiley-013.gif

Regards,

Russ popcorn.gif

Andrew.

I have a hypothetical for you.

You have set up this auction to cover your bases well enough. You want it all to be a straight forward deal where the buyer pays & then gets the comics.

What happens if the buyer gets the comics and they are over graded?

If this happened would it not be you that is shafting the buyer? Should he not be entitled to a refund or a cheaper rate.

Just thought I would ask as you are new to grading books and it is paoosible that you may have graded some books as mint or Fine when they are only really Good or Very good books.

What happens if this was to occur? Will you play by the same rules that you expect the buyer to play by. confused-smiley-013.gif

Regards,

Russ popcorn.gif

umm.. he has stated no refunds.. what if he undergraded a book? can he ask for more money then? I don't like the "no refund" policy but as long as it's stated up front, I dont have a problem with it.

umm.. he has stated no refunds.. what if he undergraded a book? can he ask for more money then? I don't like the "no refund" policy but as long as it's stated up front, I dont have a problem with it.

I understand where you are coming from but I have some concerns when the below book was graded as a Fine when to me it is not. I have seen many cases of books in this auction being overgraded but none that have been undergraded.

To me this would be as unfair as running an auction for any mid to high grade book and then having the book turn up in the mail as a badly worn beater copy.

You should get what is stated in an auction or be entitled to compensation. In Australia we have the "fair practices act" that allows for a buyer to be reimbursed 100% if a purchased item is not as described.

I don't think that using the line of No refunds is fair at all. If you are honest about your grading there would be no need to have a winning bidder ask for a refund based on poor grading.

With regard to this auction my question is hypothetical as most books may be correctly graded but what if they are not.

Russ...

Graded as Fine confused-smiley-013.gif

1386615-TTa.jpg

If you actually read toward the bottom of the auction, he regraded it as VG. confused-smiley-013.gif

On Sep-04-06 at 20:48:16 PDT, seller added the following information:

ATTENTION: Some people have complained about my revised grading.Therefore,I've gone through it one last time in an attempt to fit professional standards.Some modifications:

Tales to Astonish #59 (VG)

Hulk #115-117 (Fi),118 (VG),119 (M), 120-121(VFi), 122(VFi),123-126,(VFi) ,123-126 (VFi)

Don't let facts get in the way of your opinion. popcorn.gif

He had nice pictures of the books,and stated several times all sales were final. In fact,he stated it so many times,it got me wondering what I'd find if I went to get the books.Anyway,hopefully he's gone and this thread can die.

If you actually read toward the bottom of the auction, he regraded it as VG. confused-smiley-013.gif

ATTENTION: Some people have complained about my revised grading.Therefore,I've gone through it one last time in an attempt to fit professional standards.Some modifications:

Hulk #115-117 (Fi),118 (VG),119 (M), 120-121(VFi), 122(VFi),123-126,(VFi) ,123-126 (VFi)

Can I please have some of what you are smoking poke2.gif

Yes he did re grade the TTA #59 as VG.

So why are you quoting the grade on a TTA #59 when I am showing a scan of TTA #75 which was graded as a Fine but looks to be VG. foreheadslap.gif

Anyway, My point basically is that we should do our best to be honest with each other. If something is sold that is overgraded some sort of compromise should be worked out if the buyer does not get what he pays for.

In all honesty, I don't mean to pick on Andrew alone. I just feel for people if they get ripped off.

Regards,

Russ thumbsup2.gif

Can I please have some of what you are smoking poke2.gif

Yes he did re grade the TTA #59 as VG.

So why are you quoting the grade on a TTA #59 when I am showing a scan of TTA #75 which was graded as a Fine but looks to be VG. foreheadslap.gif

Anyway, My point basically is that we should do our best to be honest with each other. If something is sold that is overgraded some sort of compromise should be worked out if the buyer does not get what he pays for.

In all honesty, I don't mean to pick on Andrew alone. I just feel for people if they get ripped off.

Regards,

Russ thumbsup2.gif

hey Russ you looking for a #75? I have one I can dig out. I cant even tell you the grade on it right now but I know I have one.

Rich

To be honest, I hardly think buying all those books for $800 is being "ripped off" and it's obvious the bidders understood that the books were overgraded and tempered their bids accordingly.