• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re:Trying again,guys.....................

156 posts in this topic

In all honesty, I don't mean to pick on Andrew alone. I just feel for people if they get ripped off.

To be honest, I hardly think buying all those books for $800 is being "ripped off" and it's obvious the bidders understood that the books were overgraded and tempered their bids accordingly.

Exactly.

I was prepared to go about $1,000 until he kept repeating that the money had to be paid before you even saw the books,and I saw the horrible conditions they were in at the time they were photographed.

I'm curious what kind of feedback will result from this sale.

he kept repeating that the money had to be paid before you even saw the books

That sounds pretty normal to me.

No. Stating it once is normal,repeating it endlessly isn't and made me quite afraid of a bait and switch.Plus his" no one gets within 100 meters" set off alarm bells.What American uses the metric system for anything but buying liquor. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No. Stating it once is normal,repeating it endlessly isn't and made me quite afraid of a bait and switch.Plus his" no one gets within 100 meters" set off alarm bells.What American uses the metric system for anything but buying liquor. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I coulden't do metric even if I was placed in a school that only teaches it.

This is the Thread that will not die. lol.

I just saw the lastest feedback someone gave him and it made me laugh.

o.k., but for 7 bucks some better shipping protection would be appreciated

But it wasnt for comic books, was for a text book. and was a positive.Just the comment was funny to me for some reason.

Hey Andrew let us know what the buyer says and does . I hope you get your money and use it wisely.

It's not normal, but any buyer who reads this should stay far, far away. There's something odd about someone selling something, but saying, "You can't see it until you pay for it, because I don't want you backing out when you realize it's not worth what you're paying." Who would be stupid enough to buy it? If the seller isn't confident that I'll be happy with the purchase, then I don't want anything to do with it.

I've given full refunds after the buyer received the item and didn't like it. I'm not gonna force them to keep something they don't want.

He stated no returns under any circumstances.Guess those are the rules he is playing under.

On a happier note,while checking out the winners ebay store,I came across a semi-grail book I've been looking for for quite awhile.

post the semi-grail book when you get it. congrats! thumbsup2.gif

He stated no returns under any circumstances.Guess those are the rules he is playing under.

On a happier note,while checking out the winners ebay store,I came across a semi-grail book I've been looking for for quite awhile.

post the semi-grail book when you get it. congrats! thumbsup2.gif

Just a Classics Ill. -"The Man Without A Country,it even had approx. the right HRN from when my Dad gave it to me as a kid. thumbsup2.gif

It's not normal, but any buyer who reads this should stay far, far away. There's something odd about someone selling something, but saying, "You can't see it until you pay for it, because I don't want you backing out when you realize it's not worth what you're paying." Who would be stupid enough to buy it? If the seller isn't confident that I'll be happy with the purchase, then I don't want anything to do with it.

You know, 90% of the cars I’ve ever had have come from private owners the local WantAdvertiser. If a seller told me I had to pay 1k-2k before I could drive or inspect it I’d be walking right now. By the same token, I’ve sold stuff that way and have no problems with a buyer asking if I’d go lower than my asking price when we meet.

This whole scenario is really bizarre.

And the bags looked ucky and like they’d never been taped. Sorry, I couldn’t hold it in anymore.

Whew. I was trying not to comment in this thread but I finally broke down. Maybe this will kill the it; my posts often end up as the final one.

This was one very troubled, emotionally scarred individual and damn... those basement pics with the long boxes made me think of Silence of the Lambs!!

I think the poor guy probably had to sleep on them, his oozing sweat and other secretions slowly permeating the cardboard...

This was one very troubled, emotionally scarred individual and damn... those basement pics with the long boxes made me think of Silence of the Lambs!!

I think the poor guy probably had to sleep on them, his oozing sweat and other secretions slowly permeating the cardboard...

Does that mean he slept against the wall behind the boxes too !?!?! 27_laughing.gif

I hate to bring this thread back to life but Andrew what ever happened (If you are still around these boards) I see that after a month no feedback has been left either way on this transaction. I am assuming it went bad.

Let us know how it went and if his visit went ok (the Knife story)