• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone still reading X-statix anymore?

10 posts in this topic

This series started on a high note with me when X-force 116 came out. Seemed as if the story was going someplace but especially since X-statix started, Im not getting any story direction AT ALL. Dont get me wrong, I like art work. I know many board members here do not but to me its something different, especially the Wolverine+Doop series fill in. But does any one else here have any other thoughts on this book. Do you love it, hate it, and why? Where do you see the series going? To the quarter bins?

I did get Wolverine/Doop because my buddy J. Bone is working on it, but other than that I haven't been reading X-Statix.

I did get the X-Force hardcover and would definitely be interested in reading an X-Statix hardcover reprinting the first dozen issues.

***** Spoiler warning..

JQ let slip that Princess Diana/Lady Di will be joining the team. How weird is that? Somehow she came back from the dead in the MU (breaking Quesada's own dictate.).

Kev

JQ let slip that Princess Diana/Lady Di will be joining the team. How weird is that? Somehow she came back from the dead in the MU (breaking Quesada's own dictate.).

Gee Kev, that was quick. tongue.gif

This series started on a high note with me when X-force 116 came out. Seemed as if the story was going someplace but especially since X-statix started, Im not getting any story direction AT ALL. Dont get me wrong, I like art work. I know many board members here do not but to me its something different, especially the Wolverine+Doop series fill in. But does any one else here have any other thoughts on this book. Do you love it, hate it, and why? Where do you see the series going? To the quarter bins?

I LOVE the series but it really does have a rather "rudderless" feel at this point... I think that comes from the whole "anyone/everyone dies sometime/anytime" motif. That being said, I would really, really like some... focus? It's tough to beat the character development, though. Dead Girl rules. wink.gif

I LOVE the series but it really does have a rather "rudderless" feel at this point... I think that comes from the whole "anyone/everyone dies sometime/anytime" motif. That being said, I would really, really like some... focus?

I stopped reading the book around when they changed the title for this reason. I was just getting to know/like a character and they would be promtly killed off. The shock value had started to wear a little thin. flamed.gif

Uh oh.. Steve.. bad comment, allow me to interject with a conspiracy theory.

Steve, who really likes X-Statix comic series..also happens to be the head CGC grader at CGC. Now Steve as we mentioned earlier has a liking for said X-statix comics..this leads Steve to become biased towards the book. Upon receiving a crate of these books from a submitter, Steve in all his biasedness, procedes to grade them all 10.0's...despite the fact they're all really NM's in his opinion.

Thus creating a false census and making said submitter sell his books for less due to their overabundance now. Upon buying one of these books, buyer says "wtf i'll send this in again cause I'm dumb". He send it in, and it gets a 9.4, which is a price drop of 30 dollars according to resale figures.. CGC NOW OWES SAID BUYER MONEY DAMNIT!!

Anyways, I was bored and wanted to comment on how sad some of these conspiracy theories are tongue.gif

Brian