• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help with BONE covers.

20 posts in this topic

I'm kind of new to the Bone comic books and need help with which covers went with the 1st printings of each issue. Is there some Web site that shows them or at least lists them in text format? Any idea that would help me would be apprecited.

Thanks

Best2u confused.gif

Hey, just saw your post and hope this helps a little

Bone cartoon books 1991-1995

The first issues are lableled 1a-1g

1a. 1st printing has Red logo

1b. 2nd printing has lime green logo

1c. 3rd printing has blue logo

1d. 4th printing has yellow logo

1e. 5th printing has orange logo

1f. 6th printing has Wizard Ace edition , rep #1

1g. 7th printing has 10th anniversary special, w/figure commentary & gazillion dollar bill. This info is in this months Wizard laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Resurrecting an old thread because I had the same question...

I am trying to verify what additional printings of the original bone cover exist. As far as the first 5 listed above:

1a. 1st printing has Red logo

1b. 2nd printing has lime green logo

1c. 3rd printing has blue logo

1d. 4th printing has yellow logo

1e. 5th printing has orange logo

I'm 99% sure these are correct, but can someone verify that there are three more covers, with the 'Bone' color, perhaps a cover scan, and maybe a date of release?

xth: Light Purple 'Bone', date: ??

xth+1: Green 'Bone', date: 8/94?

xth+2: Dark Purple 'Bone', date: ??

Comicbookdb and comicpriceguide are incomplete, and possibly incorrect, so any input from bone fans out there is appreciated!

It might be fun to collect all the different prints of Bone #1, which at first glance on Ebay, seems kinda hard to do (even after buying the first print!)

1st print = red

2nd print = light green

3rd print = light blue

4th print = yellow

5th print = orange

6th print = light pink/purple

7th print = dark green or turquoise/aqua

8th print = purple

Gotcha, now here is another thing I'm trying to clear up. The official Bone site actually says there were 13 separate prints of Bone #1

http://www.boneville.com/gallery/?file=ComicCovers%2FCover+Poster.01.jpg

Including the 8 above, the Wizard Ace Edition, 10th anniversary, and the Image reprint, I'm still 2 short. Anyone know if there are an 9th and 10th print, and if they have different color covers also?

I'm not usually into the whole variant cover scene, but Bone #1 is kinda interesting because the issue was reprinted many times for the sole reason to keep up with demand. I can't think of many other comics with that many reprints because of unexpected demand. I'm really feeling the urge to collect them all, just for the challenge. :)

Gotcha, now here is another thing I'm trying to clear up. The official Bone site actually says there were 13 separate prints of Bone #1

http://www.boneville.com/gallery/?file=ComicCovers%2FCover+Poster.01.jpg

Including the 8 above, the Wizard Ace Edition, 10th anniversary, and the Image reprint, I'm still 2 short. Anyone know if there are an 9th and 10th print, and if they have different color covers also?

I'm not usually into the whole variant cover scene, but Bone #1 is kinda interesting because the issue was reprinted many times for the sole reason to keep up with demand. I can't think of many other comics with that many reprints because of unexpected demand. I'm really feeling the urge to collect them all, just for the challenge. :)

There are nine above, so you're only missing one from the total of thirteen (two different 7th printings). It's possible they're counting the first color version in the Disney Adventures magazine. It was split into three parts during the following months of the mag: 04/94, 05/94, and 06/94.

That's awesome. Although according to the info above, there is another 7th print that is turquoise/aqua? Do you have a copy of that also?

the 7th print is dark green not turqoise/aqua (thumbs u

We had a similar discussion in the Bone thread where Bob showed his 7th print slab with a turquoise colored title. Do your homework Colin... :baiting:

no way christian! that was a mis-labeled 2nd print!

I think you're right. My bad... lol

So now we're back to missing two printings of #1 to make the "13" listed on boneville.com. I'm guessing it's either another color for a CB printing or simply a mistake on the listing. Considering they mentioned the "Wizard Ace Edition, Image edition, and Tenth Anniversary color edition" separately it's pretty safe to assume there's no secret printing that's vastly different from the CB version.