Opinons on Eternals?

21 posts in this topic

cd4ever   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 15,516 posts

Was just wondering if anyone is reading the Eternals and what their thoughts were? I've bought the issues but am basically waiting for the Trade to read it.

drice6900   
  • 16,205 posts

Byrne-read #1, nearly puked.

sckao   
  • 15,280 posts

Well, clearly, that's good enough for me... screwy.gif

I have to find that thread now I guess.. to see what all the fuss is about.

drice6900   
  • 16,205 posts

What fuss? confused-smiley-013.gif There is next to no hype or discussion on this book. Maybe you should check Gaiman's fan board?

Really, it takes a strong story for me to overlook JRJr's subpar artwork, and this one didn't have it. Sorry sorry.gif

cd4ever   
  • 15,516 posts

confused-smiley-013.gif Ok, I'm confused. What sort of answer is 'Byrne-read #1, nearly puked'?

sckao   
  • 15,280 posts

What fuss? confused-smiley-013.gif There is next to no hype or discussion on this book. Maybe you should check Gaiman's fan board?

Really, it takes a strong story for me to overlook JRJr's subpar artwork, and this one didn't have it. Sorry sorry.gif

Byrne's been a little controversial recently... I'm just wondering why he would diss Gaiman like that. (Hence the journey over to his board to find the thread... unfortunately, to search his forum, you need to be registered.)

drice6900   
  • 16,205 posts

Uh guys, to 'Byrne-read' (or Byrne-steal as some call it) something means to pick it up at your store and read it rather than pay for it. John Byrne popularized this method.

thumbsup2.gif

Edited by drice6900

cd4ever   
  • 15,516 posts
Uh guys, to 'Byrne-read' (or Byrne-steal as some call it) something means to pick it up at your store and read it rather than pay for it. John Byrne popularized this method.

thumbsup2.gif

Ah! Got it. Thanks.

thumbsup2.gif

Cody_Starbuck   
  • 513 posts

Well, if he said that it is a bit harsh, but it is a disappointing series (in my opinion). I'm wondering if it is even worth finishing.

drice6900   
  • 16,205 posts

Well, if he said that it is a bit harsh, but it is a disappointing series (in my opinion). I'm wondering if it is even worth finishing.

foreheadslap.gif

bumpjay   
  • 284 posts

thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

That is absolutely HILARIOUS !!!!! Never heard this before, but it is great !!! Thanx for the info .......

Bump

BrianR   
  • 9,018 posts

I've been picking it up. I am on the fence on whether it is good enough to finish. Its an OK story but nothing great.

Edited by marveljunkie

sckao   
  • 15,280 posts

Wow. Didn't know that slang term...

Amazingly, Byrne-Steal is in Urban Dictionary... (Although Byrne-Read isn't. You might want to start that entry.)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Byrne-steal

verb: from comic fandom, to read a comic in the shop without any intention of buying said comic. Originates from comic writer/artist John Byrne, who alleged that doing so was "stealing"

"I only Byrne-stole the latest issue of Btaman, so I can't remember all the details properly"

alecholland   
  • 3,518 posts

I've been picking it up. I am on the fence on whether it is good enough to finish.

I felt the same way with the first two issues and decided not to finish after I read the 3rd issue. I just couldn't get into the story. That said, if someone's interested in some cheap copies of 1-3, let me know.

Cody_Starbuck   
  • 513 posts

Wow. Didn't know that slang term...

Amazingly, Byrne-Steal is in Urban Dictionary... (Although Byrne-Read isn't. You might want to start that entry.)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Byrne-steal

verb: from comic fandom, to read a comic in the shop without any intention of buying said comic. Originates from comic writer/artist John Byrne, who alleged that doing so was "stealing"

"I only Byrne-stole the latest issue of Btaman, so I can't remember all the details properly"

Wow, that is the stupiest thing I've read since reading where a television executive said that people who fast forward through television commercials are thieves.

otherworldcomics   
  • 1,178 posts

Hmmm, I haven't really heard much about this latest series. I've seen some pics... but nothing that really impressed me.. but then, I do have the original two series and they didn't really impressed me much either. But looking here... well... I guess most don't really like it much.

Paladin   
  • 1,159 posts

I've actually think it's okay. The writing been good (not great), and I like J.R. Jr's art contrary to those who think it has suffered a tad over the years. The thing that stood out most for me this past issue were the colors. thumbsup2.gif Matt Hollingsworth's colors were great and have been great throughout the series.

Pirate   
  • 25,684 posts
I've actually think it's okay. The writing been good (not great), and I like J.R. Jr's art contrary to those who think it has suffered a tad over the years. The thing that stood out most for me this past issue were the colors. thumbsup2.gif Matt Hollingsworth's colors were great and have been great throughout the series.

suffered? it's dead, he is now officially the worst artist on the planet and thats saying alot with the likes of ramos, byrne and leifeld.