• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any One Interested in a MYSTERY IN SPACE Collecting Thread?

648 posts in this topic

How strange -- it looks like the word balloon was edited hastily. The Roman numeral I is by a different hand and off-center. I wonder whether the letterer accidentally wrote II and and editor noticed it just before it went to press.

Jack

Here's arecent pick up with off-white to white pages.

mis33.jpg

I am going to get blasted for this considering this is the Silverage forum but ...

2541_4_111.jpg

This cover has haunted me all my collecting career. I run into it EVERYWHERE. I remember buying the issue off the rack at the local corner store. It seems every collection I have ever been offered to buy has this issue in it. I don't even own a copy at this time!

Don't get me wrong either. I don't dislike the cover, it's just one of those comics that I can't seem to escape.

Ubie X

I am going to get blasted for this considering this is the Silverage forum but ...

2541_4_111.jpg

This cover has haunted me all my collecting career. I run into it EVERYWHERE. I remember buying the issue off the rack at the local corner store. It seems every collection I have ever been offered to buy has this issue in it. I don't even own a copy at this time!

Don't get me wrong either. I don't dislike the cover, it's just one of those comics that I can't seem to escape.

Ubie X

and it's the cover that started this thread yay.gif

What a great run Infantino had on Adam Strange! Were these all Anderson inks?

Who was Alanna's appearance based on? A young Sophia Loren?

The second cover does suggest the problem with Rann's rocket-pack technology. Yowch!

Jack

More Infantino issues:

MIS85.jpg

Just received today...my only Mystery in Space issue.

The cool thing about this copy is that the wraps are out of order with story page 6 first and the splash page 4 wraps in wink.gif

Also, the highest graded copy is only 5.5 so it is nice to have a copy better than the best CGC copy.

1572784-mysteryinspace70.jpg

1572784-mysteryinspace70.jpg.f9151b8436d20890830d105aa818c4f5.jpg