• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's not all bid at once

29 posts in this topic

Speaking of RJ, how's the switch to CGG going? Are his CGG books selling? And how's the quality of grading? Anybody sampled the product?

I'm high bidder right now on 4 CGG books (not from Reynold Jay though). If I win them, I'll bring them with me to the San Diego Comic Con so everyone can check them out.

Speaking of RJ, how's the switch to CGG going? Are his CGG books selling? And how's the quality of grading? Anybody sampled the product?

I'm high bidder right now on 4 CGG books (not from Reynold Jay though). If I win them, I'll bring them with me to the San Diego Comic Con so everyone can check them out.

The product sucks. I won a DD 180-something for $5. The grading was pretty on-target (from what I could tell), but it will be impossible to keep a comic in that same condition when the plastic holder is totally flimsy and provides absolutely no support whatsoever.

Is that their definitive holder? RJ implies that the books he's selling are in prototype holders without the eventual hard shell.

What grade did you buy? Was the grade consistent with a CGC book? Do they have graders' notes on the back of the label?

HJ,

I'm sueing you for pain and suffering...I busted a gut laughing at that which you invited me to view and will incurr huge medical costs...you'll be hearing from my attorney.

I kept trying to enter the min bid of 2.49 so that I could win it, but it just wouldn't take. frown.gif

Then I realized that he must've put the decimal point in the wrong place so I emailed him :\

Brian

The product sucks. I won a DD 180-something for $5. The grading was pretty on-target (from what I could tell), but it will be impossible to keep a comic in that same condition when the plastic holder is totally flimsy and provides absolutely no support whatsoever.

Overgraded in my opinion

Overgraded in my opinion

How much did it cost you for the POS?

Is it restored? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Overgraded in my opinion

Ew. My 8.0 looks a LOT better than that, but the only notation on it is that it has "some spine roll"... In closing, CGG sucks. acclaim.gif

Overgraded in my opinion

It is "just visiting" - not my book, but it was $50...

Overgraded in my opinion

shocked.gif ....one of Chromium's books? frown.gif

Overgraded in my opinion

Nosey bastich !!! makepoint.gifgossip.gifmakepoint.gif

Overgraded in my opinion

Nosey bastich !!! makepoint.gifgossip.gifmakepoint.gif

Yo fool...how was I nosy? I deducted it from Darth's answer! Get your books yet? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I got outbid on all the books I bid on. Doesn't the CGG product have a hard case like the CGC books do??

I got outbid on all the books I bid on. Doesn't the CGG product have a hard case like the CGC books do??

It's supposed to be an add on that you have to pay for in the future....if they last that long!

In other words, stay away from them! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Nooooooo. Flimsy, flimsy, flimsy. It SUCKS. How they can even IMAGINE that it is a viable storage unit is beyond me. What are we supposed to do? Tape a backing board to the sleeve?