• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,762 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sacentaur said:

Interesting to note that the (old) CGC label indicates the book was ”pressed”...

41229577-FF73-433B-8761-FEFA64091993.jpeg

Yes, but that's only because it was done at the same time as cleaning which was considered to be restoration at the time.

I believe if you get the book regraded, it would no longer receive the dreaded PLOD label and the Pressed designation because cleaning (both wet and solvent) is now considered to be Conservation.  (thumbsu

Thanks Dan, me too.

Did some research, Irene became deaf as an infant (illness) and apparently lived her whole life in Dublin, Georgia. She became a fairly well known local photographer, traveling and exhibiting her images. Irene never married. She passed away in 2013 aged 91.

0D4B2783-C757-4F1E-B739-CB14BCAAF42E.jpeg

Edited by sacentaur

4 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Did some research, Irene became deaf as an infant (illness) and apparently lived her whole life in Dublin, Georgia. She became a fairly well known local photographer, traveling and exhibiting her images. Irene never married. She passed away in 2013 aged 91.

Well, she definitely had a long life.  (thumbsu

Did you get a chance to research anything about the size and collecting time period of her comic book collection?  hm

5 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Thanks Dan, me too.

0D4B2783-C757-4F1E-B739-CB14BCAAF42E.jpeg

She took good care of her books love stories like that 

1 hour ago, sacentaur said:
2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Did you get a chance to research anything about the size and collecting time period of her comic book collection?  hm

I did ask the seller who moved these books if he had any such info, alas not.

Were these the only 2 Irene Claxton books that the seller had or were are of, or were their quite a few other books from her collection which he had for sale?  hm

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

Were these the only 2 Irene Claxton books that the seller had or were are of, or were their quite a few other books from her collection which he had for sale?  hm

Just a few Dean, some had already sold - it is Gary Dolgoff Comics on eBay (who was great to deal with by the way).

17 hours ago, buttock said:

Love the name stamps Steve!

GREAT score Steve! I had been watching Gary slowly lower the prices and had been considering calling him on these 2 books, but you must've done so at the same time I was contemplating it, as they disappeared from eBay. In a way, I thank you, as I shouldn't be spending that much right now. I'm also VERY happy to know that they went into a great collection! Well done my friend!!!