• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,762 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, goldenacase said:

I sold this on the boards 8 years ago and was able to purchase same book back yesterday from the boardie that purchased it!....so lets give this thread a bump:banana:

adv1.4925a-2.jpg

So nice! Any chance you might post a pic of the Barry O'Neill?  Is it six pages in this issue?

55 minutes ago, woowoo said:

Says it is a Flessel cover ?lf?set=path%5B1%2F4%2F1%2F3%2F7%2F14137385%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Yes, your book was apparently graded before it was revealed (on these very CGC Boards in the "Tribute to Flessel" thread) that the jungle covers were done by Richard Flanagan.  The verification came directly from Creig Flessel himself to a fellow boardie.

4 hours ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Your Grandpa was an awesome artist.  Were you able to get all the Captain America’s you were looking for?  

5 hours ago, Simon Comics said:

been waiting to see some simon and kirby!

Jason, I apprecite the kind words about Joe. he is very underappreciated as to his talent of being an artist. He is often credited for his business skills and writing but rarely his ablity to draw. I saw first hand his talent and boy was it there. As to your question regarding captain america. I have been wanting a set of captain america comics #1-10 for the longest time. Since right after Joe passed. Up until last month I was missing issues 1,3,6. I am glad to report that I have made progress on the run. My copies are definitely lower grade copies as thats all I can afford. But I am trying. My next challenge is issue 1. Thats the big one. I rarely post on CGC boards and really just stay in contact with a few buddies on here. You can reach me on facebook and instrgam much easier and to keep up with books I get. Facebook is where I post Personal Collection books and Instrgam I post personal collection and books that are passing through. These are their handles: Jesse Simon (fb) Simon_comics (insta)

8 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

Yes, your book was apparently graded before it was revealed (on these very CGC Boards in the "Tribute to Flessel" thread) that the jungle covers were done by Richard Flanagan.  The verification came directly from Creig Flessel himself to a fellow boardie.

Mine is the lower grade unrestored beat up copy :roflmao:The restored 1 was sold in 2016 so i read the cover credit. I know you are a pro when it comes to these great book's so i know your right (thumbsu I just like to have some jack and coke and be a Nerd Thank you @RareHighGrade(thumbsu

21 hours ago, Simon Comics said:

Jason, I apprecite the kind words about Joe. he is very underappreciated as to his talent of being an artist. He is often credited for his business skills and writing but rarely his ablity to draw. I saw first hand his talent and boy was it there. As to your question regarding captain america. I have been wanting a set of captain america comics #1-10 for the longest time. Since right after Joe passed. Up until last month I was missing issues 1,3,6. I am glad to report that I have made progress on the run. My copies are definitely lower grade copies as thats all I can afford. But I am trying. My next challenge is issue 1. Thats the big one. I rarely post on CGC boards and really just stay in contact with a few buddies on here. You can reach me on facebook and instrgam much easier and to keep up with books I get. Facebook is where I post Personal Collection books and Instrgam I post personal collection and books that are passing through. These are their handles: Jesse Simon (fb) Simon_comics (insta)

I had Joe sign my copy of Brother Geek #1 in San Diego one year. It was sure fun to meet him and get an autograph; plus that book is very unique to the era.

Edited by 50YrsCollctngCmcs