• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,763 posts in this topic

just realized I never posted this one int this thread.

F4BB2959-F667-4BE3-BAC6-3AE005E69619_1.jpg

Classic cover! :applause:

Most definitely!!! :cloud9:

I've always wanted to get a copy for my collection over the years, but every single time, it always seem to be a couple of bid increments above what I was willing to pay. :cry:

What a great cover. Is that a charcoal effect in the clouds?

Sort of, but the check pattern in the clouds is an unintentional side effect that occurred when I reduced the scan to fit the CGC 200 KB size limit.

It's called a moiré effect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moir%C3%A9_pattern

Sometimes eliminating or reducing the amount of "sharpening" done will fix the problem or you can try a different piece of software to perform the reduction. I believe I've had situations where my default approach to editing pics in Photoshop produced moire while the process invoked through Phototbucket did not.

Here's a tough book that has managed to stay under the radar. Hard to believe this is the highest graded unrestored copy. 162975.jpg

That's a beaut!

Thanks Sqeggs.

Is there a way to prevent that effect when reducing the scan?

RHG, if you DO purchase a high grade copy & this one becomes available, I would be VERY interested in it. Feel free to P.M. me at will with a price :wishluck: I promise I'll break it out & enjoy it!!!! :)

Here's a tough book that has managed to stay under the radar. Hard to believe this is the highest graded unrestored copy.

Re: #25. Great book!!

Edited by Knightsofold

Here's a tough book that has managed to stay under the radar. Hard to believe this is the highest graded unrestored copy. 162975.jpg

That's a beaut!

Thanks Sqeggs.

RHG, if you DO purchase a high grade copy & this one becomes available, I would be VERY interested in it. Feel free to P.M. me at will with a price :wishluck: I promise I'll break it out & enjoy it!!!! :)

Frisco, find me a higher graded copy and Ill be happy to make this copy available to you. :wishluck:

Sometimes eliminating or reducing the amount of "sharpening" done will fix the problem or you can try a different piece of software to perform the reduction. I believe I've had situations where my default approach to editing pics in Photoshop produced moire while the process invoked through Phototbucket did not.

Amazing book, RHG! One you don't see every day for sure.

A low-tech way of eliminating the aliasing is to smoothen/blur the original image before downsizing. That's basically what fancy image processing software does under the hood.

Here's a tough book that :headbang: has managed to stay under the radar. Hard to believe this is the highest graded unrestored copy. 162975.jpg

That's a beaut!

Thanks Sqeggs.

Frisco, find me a higher graded copy and Ill be happy to make this copy available to you. :wishluck:

I wish :wishluck: I can't even find a No Grade copy, much less a mid or better grade :( I shall continue the search :headbang: Btw, very pretty book you've got there (thumbs u

Thanks for all the kind words Guys. It's nice to see NA 25 get some well-deserved appreciation. It's an example of an unknown gem. While we often talk about nos. 26 and 27, no one ever mentions 25 and few people have ever even seen a copy. During my decades of collecting, I've only seen 3 copies -- this one, a low grade copy and Ronaldo's restored copy.

I honestly believe this is the toughest NA besides 26.

Though NA 24 is my favorite, NA 25, 26, 27, and 28 are indeed rarer.

How rare is NA 13 in comparison since it is designated as Rare by Overstreet and is also given a SI rating of 10 by Gerber in his Photojournal? hm

No doubt those watery theme adventure covers are just so much better such as NA 25, 27, 30, 31, etc. :cloud9: