• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cherish a Chesler!
2 2

638 posts in this topic

Just back from slabbage - a favorite cover of mine - I have two copies but as you can see the raw one is worse off than the slabbed copy.  The piece out on the slabbed copy is on side margin and does barely go into a panel.  Surprised CGC did not credit George Tuska cover/art and Charles Sultan art.  

748782972_bullseyecomics11.thumb.jpg.9d4f4a01a13b5b5cfd9085390399ca65.jpg278903015_Bulls-EyeComics11FRpoc.thumb.jpg.ee834a4d50297664a4a95aa87018edff.jpg

On 11/26/2019 at 8:13 PM, Et-Es-Go said:

That is a very cool little piece of trivia.  He would have been about 47 years old in this picture.

Harry was a man of many trades not only comics,real estate and ran a snack bar at his lake back in the sixties.At the end of his career he donated the lake and over two hundred acres to his town for parks and recreation.I was in Joe Kubert's office once at his school and he had a portrait of Harry behind him.That man had given jobs not only to Joe but some of the early greats.That is why his nickname was father of the comic book, He was one of the first that knew had to publish and market what would be this industry it is today.And by the way any boardie get the Dynamic comic 8 on ebay last week you stole it at that price imho :headbang:

17 minutes ago, Et-Es-Go said:

I was inspired by comicjack to put all of my Chesler books together for this shot.  

Chesler 2.jpg

Between you and me five of the Dynamic 11 copies are spoken for :banana: