• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When Was The Grade Number Added To....

2 posts in this topic

the inside of the case, facing outward up in that left hand corner? I take it that's a recent change? I have some books that don't have it and some that do and I was wondering when that change first occured?

Also, how come CGC doesn't put the date on the case that the book was graded and encapsulated? Wouldn't that be easier and less costly than having to email in and wait for an answer?? I'm trying to think of a good reason that the date wouldn't be on that case somewhere.... from any angle and I can't come up with one. Anyone?

This is kind of like knowing the Reserve price of an auction item on Ebay. I can't think of any tactical advantage to anybody in the seller devulging the Reserve price to anyone who asks. I have had Reserve auctions where I have posted the Reserve price in the description, I just don't see any advantage in not saying what the Reserve price is....

Likewise, what advantage or disadvantage to CGC or whoever, would there be by simply putting the date the comic was graded and encapsulated FOR ALL TO SEE on the case?? Thanks for listening.

Chuck

• Administrator

We changed over to the larger format grade in October of 2003. If you contact us with the barcode number of any book we will give you the date the comic was graded. Also, if you want to change any of your old labels to the new format, you can submit them through the New Holder service at $11 plus return shipping.