• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age marketplace links
8 8

1,585 posts in this topic

40 Rare and Fun Comic Books for Auction on eBay, Closing Sunday Night

A great variety of unusual giveaways, promos, anti-Communist Cold War comics, and other oddities - Platinum, Golden, Silver, Bronze, and Copper.

Included is a CLOSE-UP magazine from August 1941. This tabloid size girly mag has a pictorial showing MLJ writers and artists. Shows girls posing for comic panels, original artwork, and lots of MLJ comics! The image shown below is just a sample from this great pictorial...

Check out this Marketplace listing and feast your eyes on some rare pieces of comic book history that can be yours!

158547.jpg.d86cd5ae854266f49b68b732535f4692.jpg

Highest graded Bobby Benson 14 on Comic Connect. Under-appreciated gruesome PCH cover.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=630169

A 9.4 with pencil or pen writing in the title?

I guess I'll never understand their grading system. I doubt Overstreet would call it any higher than Fine.

I'd have to agree that that one looks overgraded. I don't see it as above a 9.0.

I know, I know, you can't judge a book from a scan, but the writing and the rounded corners don't say "9.4" to me. I also wonder about how the back cover appears to be pushed up into the slab. hm

Edited to add: I'm assuming that this isn't Diamonddave's book and he was just directing us to it.

Edited by Sqeggs

Highest graded Bobby Benson 14 on Comic Connect. Under-appreciated gruesome PCH cover.

I guess I'll never understand their grading system. I doubt Overstreet would call it any higher than Fine.

I'd have to agree that that one looks overgraded. I don't see it as above a 9.0.

I know, I know, you can't judge a book from a scan, but the writing and the rounded corners don't say "9.4" to me. I also wonder about how the back cover appears to be pushed up into the slab. hm

Edited to add: I'm assuming that this isn't Diamonddave's book and he was just directing us to it.

They are not counting off for the writing as they are considering it a distributor code. The ?:52 is the typical code for a New Hampshire copy. I'm not quite sure what the marking in the B is.

They are not counting off for the writing as they are considering it a distributor code. The ?:52 is the typical code for a New Hampshire copy. I'm not quite sure what the marking in the B is.

Interesting. I didn't realize that. Seems odd to have a ? in a distributor's code.