• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age marketplace links
8 8

1,585 posts in this topic

Gang, I thought I had this post completed but it I can't find it. I'm posting here because a lot of GA collectors don't venture outside of this GA forum. Chips-Comics on eBay is running 90 no reserve auctions on eBay for me. about half of the books are GA books.

I saw these earlier; thought they might be consignments. Placed many bids. Got outbid many times.

I've had a few PMs about the books so it looks like there is decent interest in them.

Good luck! :)

Do the deslabbed books being offered come with the CGC labels?

Absolutely. They are all pictured in the auctions. And all books come with a Mylar and Fullback as well. :D

Ah, ok. I didn't notice the labels the first time I looked.

Absolutely. They are all pictured in the auctions. And all books come with a Mylar and Fullback as well. :D

Ah, ok. I didn't notice the labels the first time I looked.

There was initially some trouble uploading them but they're all there now.

Gang, I also have some terrific Baker covers (some very tough to find) and a Rangers #26 in the GA/SA/BA selling forum if anyone wants to take a peek.

Link to my sales thread.

Gang, I thought I had this post completed but it I can't find it.

I'm posting here because a lot of GA collectors don't venture outside of this GA forum.

Chips-Comics on eBay is running 90 no reserve auctions on eBay for me. about half of the books are GA books. Most of these are books from my personal collection. All books are very tightly graded and I don't think any books have been pressed. None have restoration.

The Captain America Comics #1 CGC NG was sold a few weeks ago and returned because I did not realize the book was trimmed. The book is now CGC graded and being offered at no reserve auction as well.

Please feel free to bid. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact either Chip or myself. I will personally stand behind all of these auctions and see them through until all is completed.

There is literally a bit of everything in here from SOTI books, to Matt Baker GGA, to some GA Whiz and Actions to pre hero Atlas, SA and BA Marvels and some Modern books.

There is even a Church book. :D

Thanks for looking!

Link to auctions

Click on spoiler for complete list of early Atom Age and GA books being auctioned off.

Action Comics #31

Action Comics #32

Action Comics #34

Action Comics #38

Action Comics #40 (World War 2 cover)

Action Comics #56

Action Comics #76

All Top #14 (SOTI)

Amazing Adventures #2 (1951 Ziff-Davis)

Amazing Ghost Stories #14 (Matt Baker cover)

Amazing Ghost Stories #16 (Matt Baker cover)

Blonde Phantom #16 (Classic GGA cover)

Blue Beetle #51 (Classic Kamen cover)

Bruce Gentry #2

Captain America Comics #1 CGC NG OW - Coverless / Trimmed

Captain Easy #12

Captain Marvel Adventures #17 CGC 5.5 deslabbed (Classic Cover)

Dagar Desert Hawk #21 (Bondage SOTI)

Eerie 1 (IDW reprint - Wally Wood cover)

Fight Comics #39

Fight Comics #45

First Kiss #39

Four Color #12 (Bambi)

Frankenstein #25

House of Secrets #17

Journey Into Mystery #57

Love Romances #75

Molly O'Day Super Sleuth #1 (1st Avon book)

My Intimate Affair #1

My Life #13

Mystic #7

Overstreet Price Guide #41 Hero Initiative Variant Cover

Rangers Comics #34

Real Screen Fun Vol.5 #3

Rocket To The Moon #nn (Wally Wood classic cover)

Romantic Love #10

Roy Rogers Trigger #3 CGC 9.2 deslabbed Edgar Church copy

Rulah Jungle Goddess #19

Seven Seas Comics #5 (Matt Baker)

Shock SuspenStories #6 (Wally Wood classic cover)

Strange Tales #97 (Aunt May and Uncle Ben prototype)

Strange Worlds #5 (Wally Wood)

Suspense Detective #5

Teen-Age Romances #14 (Matt Baker)

Teen-Age Romances #38 (Matt Baker)

Thrilling Comics #10 (Nedor War cover)

True Love Pictorial #5 (Matt Baker)

Wartime Romances #16 (Matt Baker)

Weird Science-Fantasy #29 (Frank Frazetta Classic Cover)

Whiz Comics #24

Whiz Comics #26

World Of Fantasy #16 (Ditko Atlas)

Zago Jungle Prince #4 (Matt Baker)

Just a :bump: for auctions ending tonight.

Gang, I thought I had this post completed but it I can't find it. I'm posting here because a lot of GA collectors don't venture outside of this GA forum. Chips-Comics on eBay is running 90 no reserve auctions on eBay for me. about half of the books are GA books.

I saw these earlier; thought they might be consignments. Placed many bids. Got outbid many times.

I've had a few PMs about the books so it looks like there is decent interest in them.

Good luck! :)

I am bidding on several.

I am bidding on several.

Awesome.

And there will be more Matt/Superbird books to bid on down the road as well.... :devil:

This thread is for LINKS to marketplace posts related to the sale of Golden Age books.
The rules ... were designed to make this thread extremely unobtrusive to an otherwise capitalism-free forum.
Reading this initial post from 2006 sure makes me long for the good old days. The "marketplace" being referred to here is the Forum Only Selling Area -- not ebay, ComicConnect, ComicLink, Heritage, or any other non-Board commercial venue. (tsk)

This thread is for LINKS to marketplace posts related to the sale of Golden Age books.
The rules ... were designed to make this thread extremely unobtrusive to an otherwise capitalism-free forum.
Reading this initial post from 2006 sure makes me long for the good old days. The "marketplace" being referred to here is the Forum Only Selling Area -- not ebay, ComicConnect, ComicLink, Heritage, or any other non-Board commercial venue. (tsk)

If you're protesting to me, I always thought the purpose of this thread was to notify people of sales going on outside the GA forum, mainly because many GA collector's don't venture outside the GA forum.

While yes, it was originally meant for the Forum Only selling area, I see no reason why someone can't notify people about other venues. (shrug)

If you're protesting to me, I always thought the purpose of this thread was to notify people of sales going on outside the GA forum, mainly because many GA collector's don't venture outside the GA forum.

While yes, it was originally meant for the Forum Only selling area, I see no reason why someone can't notify people about other venues. (shrug)

My two cents: I vote to allow this one thread to cover both forum-only and outside-venue sales and auctions. As long as people don't spam this thread with every sale, but rather use it occasionally to link to more detailed posts in the other areas, then I don't see a problem.

VintageComics's multi-bump use of the thread is maybe a little close to the edge, rules-wise, but it was a very interesting set of auctions and the GA marketplace thread doesn't get much action lately anyway.

I bought 10 books or so from that. I wish they would have been sold here personally. Really wanted that My Life. Went higher than I anticipated.

VintageComics's multi-bump use of the thread is maybe a little close to the edge, rules-wise, but it was a very interesting set of auctions and the GA marketplace thread doesn't get much action lately anyway.

I appreciate your input.

I actually only bumped it once although there were some questions asked (and some discussion) here so I felt obligated to answer them. :)

I appreciate you bidding. (worship)

I wish they would have been sold here personally. Really wanted that My Life. Went higher than I anticipated.

One of the reasons I chose not to offer the books here was to help Chip. The other was that I didn't know how to price much of the stuff as many of those books I'd bought in the last decade, so I figured a no reserve auction was the way to go.

I appreciate your input. I actually only bumped it once although there were some questions asked (and some discussion) here so I felt obligated to answer them. :)

You're right, and sorry about the inaccuracy. My mind-dump had lumped the Q&A in with the bump.

Gang, Chips-Comics on eBay is running another round of no reserve auctions for me on eBay.

I've placed this here to make all those interested in GA books aware of the auctions.

All of the GA books are books from my personal collection.

All books are tightly graded and none have restoration unless noted.

Please feel free to bid. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact either Chip or myself. I will personally stand behind all of these auctions and see them through until all is completed.

This lot is not as large as last time but some of the books are pretty tough to find. There is a bit of everything in here from Matt Baker GGA, to some more GA Whiz and Actions.

Some of them took me a decade to find for my personal collection.

Thanks for looking (auctions are still loading on eBay so you will want to check back in case they are not all up)!

Link to auctions.

Here is a complete list in the spoiler alert.

Action Comics #21

Action Comics #24

Action Comics #26

A Spectacular Feature #11 (beautiful GGA)

Cinderella Love #26 (Matt Baker GGA)

Planet Comics #65 (Classic GGA)

Rangers Comics #14 (Classic GGA, tough book)

Thrilling Comics #7 (1st Nedor Schomburg cover)

Whiz Comics #2 (3)

Whiz Comics #3 (4)

Whiz Comics #4 (5)

Whiz Comics #5

Whiz Comics #6

Whiz Comics #7

Whiz Comics #8

Whiz Comics #9

Whiz Comics #10

Whiz Comics #11

Whiz Comics #12

Whiz Comics #13