• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

inspired by the fact that it was such a "hot topic" in another thread recently, I thought it would be enjoyable by all to have a thread dedicated to asking the age old question - "which one would you choose?".

Just 2 simple rules, and of course the goal is to see posts from as many of you as possible, since the combinations are endless....and imgaes would be most helpful:

Rule #1 must compare two GA books to each other ( apples to apples )

Rule #2 both books should have a similar present day market value

So, to kick things off, which one of these 2 would you choose? ( both have sold at Heritage for virtually identical prices )

1444049-capone.jpg

...or

1444049-amazing.jpg

I'd have to go with the Amazing-Man...how about you?

1444049-amazing.jpg.197da3ce58c95a4eb1c82ad1ff294003.jpg

I thought it a pretty tough choice until I saw that the cap 1 is also a mile high. If it was a no-pedigree cap 1, the choice would be tougher IMO. There's a few other nice caps out there but I can't imagine there are many choice Aman5's at all.

neither. Whats an Amazing Man? and the Cap is restored. Some choice!

27_laughing.gif let's try again, and hope that others post as well! Which one would you choose? Once again, Heritage Auction sales for virtually identical prices:

1444165-ADVEN45.jpg

......or this

1444165-SUPE%21.jpg

I'm going with the Sandman on this one!

1444165-SUPE!.jpg.c3af3f4c2e49546e5e3c643f53ec5823.jpg

Edited by showcase-4

Adventure. Its not the hottest or most desireable book around, but there will always be demand for a 9.4 early DC hero Church book. And, as has been pointed out, extensive restored Supes 1s are too common. But, in this case price IS a factor. If we are talking 40-50K each, Id take Superman, bacause a non-hero cover Sandman issue would have no upside at that price. 10-20K would be a tossup.