• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the "Going Rate for a GSXM #1
1 1

27 posts in this topic

Please tell me I'm not the only person who started reading at post 1, thought this was a brand new thread, and felt their blood pressure rise while thinking "WHAT?! Why did I pay four figures for an 8.0!!?!?!  *($&%(*$(#!!!!!"  

And in keeping with the resurrected posts - I seem to recall the opportunity to get an 8.0 at $300 way back when.  I should've bought that one :bigsmile:

I have a history with this book. Three histories. In 2002... in 1975... and now.

In 2002, when I was buying all the books I'm selling now... for some reason... despite not buying any ASM #1's... and only a 4.0 IH 181...

...I bought FIVE COPIES of this book. FIVE. A 9.6, TWO 9.0's... and two raw, which wound up at 7.0 and 6.0. The 6.0 was signed by Len Wein, so I sent that to Voldemort (waste of time).

Why did I buy so MANY? I do not know.

I DO know that when it came out, I was a teenager, and I thought...wow... these guys are AWESOME! This changes EVERYTHING about Marvel.

That might have been an overstatement. But not by much. :) GSXM1 affected me more than any other Marvel comic, besides ASM #121. (I bought 5 of those too LOL) So maybe that part fueled my buying.

Anyhoo, fast forward to 2018. I started selling my stash in August of last year, BUT it was all back issues and lots to build up eBay cred. 

I didn't start selling the keys until this spring.

THANK GOD!!!!

Since then... since last August, the value for GSXM1 has basically DOUBLED. Each book I've sold on eBay, all auctions, went for what was at the time a new record for the grade.

Still have one left... a 9.0 being reholdered... and I'm pretty sure I can sell it for $4000. It was selling on eBay for under $2000 a year ago. CRAZY!!!!!!!

So, for this book, I have a special place in my heart... and now, also my wallet. LOL