• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manufacturing error

60 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Amazing that CGC can tell this was done during the manufacturing  process 

s-l1600.jpg

I'll quote the front of the slab again, but 1)weird they new it was manufactured that way 2) angled it that way in the slab on purpose..

It makes more questions to me..

35 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

thats one slim book

11 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Cool that the new cases can accommodate a book like this.   I sent in something similar years ago and it got rejected. 

Do you still have it? :wishluck:

Perhaps call or give it another shot?

20 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
32 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Cool that the new cases can accommodate a book like this.   I sent in something similar years ago and it got rejected. 

Do you still have it? :wishluck:

Perhaps call or give it another shot?

Scan-130608-0001_zps56660a8c.jpg

1 minute ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Scan-130608-0001_zps56660a8c.jpg

That's very interesting! There has got to be a story! 

Seems an 80's book, did you find it at a LCS? I'm surprised that someone didn't "discard" it...

Not that it is "trash", just that the seller either direct or newsstand probably would have thought that it wouldn't sell....

58 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Looking at the top and bottom of the book, the top to bottom measurements would be the same as a normal cut book.  You can see the "straight" cut at the top is parallel to the bottom cut.  It is more visible on the back view.

I have a manufacturing error where the whole book got clipped away-it's just a staple.  Will CGC slab it??  It's an Action #1 staple.

6 hours ago, kav said:

I have a manufacturing error where the whole book got clipped away-it's just a staple.  Will CGC slab it??  It's an Action #1 staple.

Yeah, I'm not one to criticize what other people collect, I think everyone should buy what they like. But with a "miscut" this severe, at what point does it stop being, you know, an actual book? These extreme examples seem less like manufacturing errors and more like literal garbage. Scraps of books.

2 hours ago, valiantman said:

Slabbed coins are an older hobby than slabbed sportscards or slabbed comics.  Mint Error News magazine is on issue #47.  https://minterrornews.com/ :gossip:

I get it. Heck, I used to be into coins and have a variety or two...and I even find the known varieties of color strikes, wraps, etc of certain comics interesting because it touches on the history of the books (manufacturing process), and gives one the ability to seek out higher quality issues (or personal preferences) with their acquired knowledge of the hobby. However, butchered moderns just doesn’t do anything for me.

To each their own though. :foryou: I truly mean that...apologizes if my comment rubbed anyone the wrong way.