• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manufacturing error

60 posts in this topic

Never seen this one before..Too bad these books get a green label now

http://cgi.ebay.com/X-MEN-25-ERROR-CGC-9...1QQcmdZViewItem

bumpit.gif

27_laughing.gif

smirk.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

Saw some CCEs on the shelves. Ignored them as usual. shy.gif

goldie is sending me some next week acclaim.gif

893censored-thumb.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

Yeah, he's my friend tongue.gif

tonofbricks.gif

Never seen this one before..Too bad these books get a green label now

http://cgi.ebay.com/X-MEN-25-ERROR-CGC-9...1QQcmdZViewItem

There have been a couple on eBay before but I don't recall if any were CGC-graded or whether they were the X-Men 25 or one of the other X-hologram books.

I don't like the green label either for manufacturing defects. Most other printing defects don't affect label color. My Wolverine 145 Bone Claws and Spidey 375 white cover both got a blue label and I don't think I will ever recase them.

I don't like the green label either for manufacturing defects.

I agree, and think this is one of the dumbest and most short-sighted decisions by CGC, especially as it's one of those grandfather'd rules, whereby dealers protect older "blue label" variants, while not having to watch the "general public" sell off newer ones for big bucks.

It's also not a coincidence that right after those USM cover variations sold for HUGE $$$, that suddenly CGC changed gears and started giving them green labels.

Nah.. dealers don't run CGC. insane.gif

My Wolverine 145 Bone Claws and Spidey 375 white cover both got a blue label and I don't think I will ever recase them.

Definitely don't send those back, or they'll be transformed into Qualified in the blink of an eye. foreheadslap.gif

It doesn't make sense either. That a double cover gets a blue and a missing hologram gets a green.

Hell if a Hulk 181 was somehow manufactured without the stamp then it should get a blue. Manufactured errors should always be blue but now their green. Well in that case how about books with an ugly miswrap. Shouldn't they be green as well? Can of worms.

Exactly. CGC gives a Blue 9.8 grade to some freakshow book with printer's creases all over it (defending it with the old "Manufacturing Defect" excuse), then screams bloody murder when a color is printed differently.

Does that make sense to anyone? screwy.gif