• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manufacturing error

60 posts in this topic

My Wolverine 145 Bone Claws and Spidey 375 white cover both got a blue label and I don't think I will ever recase them.

Definitely don't send those back, or they'll be transformed into Qualified in the blink of an eye. foreheadslap.gif

Agreed

Good idea...I'm going to go peel all the holograms off my copies. thumbsup2.gif

poke2.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif I've done it. If I hadn't been so careless right at the end and ripped that piece out of the cover, you wouldn't be able to tell it ever had the hologram. I had wondered about the holograms since Taste_of_H8red was asking about Wolverine 75s some time ago. I had some X-Factor 92s with badly rusted staples (guess I didn't notice the staples while I was cramming that $30 longbox full foreheadslap.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif), so I decided to see how well the holograms came off. It's not too hard, you just have to be careful and very patient.

poke2.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif I've done it. If I hadn't been so careless right at the end and ripped that piece out of the cover, you wouldn't be able to tell it ever had the hologram. I had wondered about the holograms since Taste_of_H8red was asking about Wolverine 75s some time ago. I had some X-Factor 92s with badly rusted staples (guess I didn't notice the staples while I was cramming that $30 longbox full foreheadslap.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif), so I decided to see how well the holograms came off. It's not too hard, you just have to be careful and very patient.

You've given me something to do tomorrow! Thanks!!

Any tips or tools needed popcorn.gif

poke2.gif

You've given me something to do tomorrow! Thanks!!

Any tips or tools needed popcorn.gif

27_laughing.gif

Wow! I had been told that removing the holograms without damaging the cover was impossible and would leave behind a trace of glue on the cover.

Very interesting, tell me more. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have to say, I can't disagree with anything he has to say. thumbsup2.gif

Wilson is the definition of passive aggressive....,

poke2.gif

cloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Wow! I had been told that removing the holograms without damaging the cover was impossible not impossible, but it's not easy and would leave behind a trace of glue on the cover. maybe, but nothing you can feel or see under regular lighting conditions

I'm sure there are legitimate manufacturing error copies out there, and I'm sure that CGC takes whatever steps are available to them to determine their authenticity, but if these sell for a huge premium over regular copies, it's only a matter of time before the manipulators go to work.