• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USER ID DISCLOSURE...WHO ARE YOU?

644 posts in this topic

Hi All.

My Name is Thomas...I'm a Com-a-holic...

OK I've been reading a whole lately about all this Disclosure of Identity on the Boards.

I personally have no problem with it, altho' I respect the opinion of all those who choose, for whatever reason not to disclose their identity.,,,so I'll say no more about that.

What I do think would be cool is if there was a sort of nucleus of Board members who are happy to say who they are, and a little bit about themselves.

I think it promotes trust & friendship & would eliminate al lot of the silly back-biting that goes on, and leave the field open for some fruitful discussions.

This thread could be a sort of referral for all members to see who's who, and promote greater trust I think.

I would encourage members even with the highest profiles here to post their details, for the benefit of those members who don't know them.

I'll start the ball rolling.

My name is Thomas Hughes, and I am now retired (age 45).

I reside currently in the North of England.

A few months back I took over (bought out the rights & ownership) to a well known EC website, which is now an Online Museum. It's a labour of love anyway, with no profit whatsoever in monetary terms.

My user ID...Alex DeLarge...is taken from one of my favourite films..'A Clockwork Orange'.

That's it really...not much to tell...but that's who I am...simple to do, is'nt it?

I look forward to productive & fun discourse in the future, from all the real people.

Please post who you are, it makes a 2D experience all the more 3D.

THIS IS A GREAT FORUM WHICH CERTAINLY BENEFITS ALL COLLECTORS, DUE TO MEMBERS WHO HAVE SOME AMAZING KNOWLEDGE & INSIGHTS.

BUT LIKE ANYTHING, IT CAN BE IMPROVED...LET'S DO IT.

All the Best

Alex (Tom) thumbsup2.gif

Hey Thomas.

I'm Joseph. I've always my full name included in my profile. And if you want to know more about me, do a member search on these boards for some of my posts, or follow the links in my sig.

I want to make one follow-up remark on the ID disclosure thing. I don't particularly like the idea of a visitor accessing the information on my profile. I'm thinking more along the lines of spammers and email harvesters/scavengers who'll take this info and start bombarding your email with junk. This is especially problematic because you can't sign-up with a free account, so even if you want to set-up a decoy hotmail address to filter all the junk mail, you can't

IMO, I think the profile should be made accessible only if your logged-in.

Hey Thomas.

I'm Joseph. I've always my full name included in my profile. And if you want to know more about me, do a member search on these boards for some of my posts, or follow the links in my sig.

I appreciate that Joseph, but the point of this thread is for people to post a short Bio of who they are as a point of reference for everybody, without anyone having to do searches or look people up.

Sorry if I did'nt make that clear

Tom thumbsup2.gif

As most of you already know.

I am Ze-man

My real life alter ego is Kenny Sanderson, I live north of Indianapolis in a small town called Zionsville.

I am married to Greta, have a daughter Ellen of 3. We own a home built in 1860. We also have a 7 year old Australian Cattle dog named Sydney and several fish. I used to be a cook/chef and still love to cook. We also love to travel(who doesn't)

I take care of my daughter full time right now(and believe me , it IS a full time job, but worth evey second), and run my Custom stained Glass business when I find time. I might be branching out soon to an interesting different income source if it works out. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Been on the board for years and just recently ticked over 6,000 posts. I collect mostly BA Horror now, but am branching out to other genres and eras thanx in no small part to thses boards. I started collecting in the 90's, and survived that to collect back issues. I did not really collect as a kid. I read comics, but only had a few.

I guess my claim to fame on the boards is one nasty SCS experiment years ago, starting the travels of Cap N Mandi,and the Christmas Gift Exchange last year.

I am know to be overly nice and sensitive to a fault. Yet at the same time am not afraid to speak my mind to anyone on the boards. If you get me on the phone I never shut up either. 893blahblah.gif

I have learned alot here about comics and myself, but realize I have only just begun.

Well, that is Ze- in a nutshell.

Kenny

As most of you already know.

I am Ze-man

My real life alter ego is Kenny Sanderson, I live north of Indianapolis in a small town called Zionsville.

I am married to Greta, have a daughter Ellen of 3. We own a home built in 1860. We also have a 7 year old Australian Cattle dog named Sydney. And several fish. I used to be a cook/chef and still love to cook.We also love to travel(who doesnt)

I take care of my daughter full time right now(and believe me , it IS full time, but worth evey second), and run my Customstained Glass business. when I find time. I might be branching out soon to a different, interesting income source if it works out. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Been on the board for years and just recently ticked over 6,000 posts. I collect mostly BA Horror now, but am branching out to other genres and eras thanx in no small part to thses boards. I started collecting in the 90's, and survived that to collect back issues. I did not really collect as a kid. I read comics, but only had a few.

I guess my claim to fame on the boards is one nasty SCS experiment years ago, starting the travels of Cap N Mandi,and the Christmas Gift Exchange last year.

I am know to be overly nice and sensitive to a fault. Yet at the same time am not afraid to speak my mind to anyone on the boards.

I have learned alot here about comics and myself, but realize I have only just begun.

Well, that is Ze- in a nutshell.

Kenny

893applaud-thumb.gif

Hey

My name is Daniel. I am 20 years old and I reside in Queens, NY.Im currently a manager of a jewelry store in Forest Hills, New York.Im still unsure of what I want to do in life so until I decide thats what I will be doing.

Thanks to a close family member who has been collecting for over 20 years I found a love in comics and these boards.I have been collecting comics hardcore for about 4 years now and love it.As you all know I collect X-Men and plan to have one of the best X-men collections out there.

Besides collecting comics I love to play and watch baseball.Im currently in a long term relationship with my girlfriend Jennifer.Thats about it

Danny

Hmmm - I'm not very good at this. wink.gif

Handle on the board is obviously scottish (both my paternal grandparents were full blood Scots - didn't move to the states until the late late 1800s - my dad was the first 'Haig' to be born in the US. smile.gif

Anyway - full name is in my profile - David R.P. Haig. R.P. stand for Robert Pace - just two middle names no government conspiracy there. grin.gif

I was in the military for 10 year (Army). Finally had enough and got out in 1994.

I'm a Mortgage Underwriter for a local company here in Bellevue, WA (just East of Seattle). I live in a blue-collar town called Everett (which is North of Seattle) making my commute a bit of Hell everyday. mad.gif

I've been collecting comics since I was a kid in the 70s. My tastes vary - and I tend to collect off and on and purge my collection from time to time. On a buying binge at the moment for SS books. wink.gif The only comics I've never sold is a complete run of X-Men 1-200 that I bought in part with my parents in the mid 1980s.

Green Arrow is my favorite character. 27_laughing.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That should cover it I think. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thedonuts.jpg

I'm the one on the right. Dan Cusimano. Been collecting since 1975, dealing since 1977. Two kids. One dog. Senior proposal manager for federal IT bids in real life. Enough people have bought from me or sent me money for some sort of event to know where I live.

thedonuts.jpg

I'm the one on the right. Dan Cusimano. Been collecting since 1975, dealing since 1977. Two kids. One dog. Senior proposal manager for federal IT bids in real life. Enough people have bought from me or sent me money for some sort of event to know where I live.

Really? I thought you were the one on the left and just decided to let your hair grow out wink.gifpoke2.gif

My information is already on the net incase any pretty women wish to stalk me. My info can be found on a few comic sites as I mod like 3, plus I just recently had a small interview in our local paper on comics and insurance brokers that may google up along with a TV interview I did a few weeks ago on AF 15, If you guys promise to play nice I might just link up the newspaper article and when I get the interview digitalized I'll post that.

Plus the company I work for is revamping our website so I'll have a snazzy profile there also.

And I've done business with other members here (Nikos, Strong Guy) or secret santa (Timulty) so thay can vouch for my upstanding quality as a fine Canadian human.

Human Network Of Disclosure is a positive thing thumbsup2.gif

RedHook, time to make a "Human Network Of Disclosure" logo for those that are pro-registration, now that baseball is over and it's too cold to jog you have freetime on your hands so get to it Brad poke2.gif

Hi all! hi.gif

My name is Stephen Frusciante, I'm 26 years old, and I live in north eastern Pennsylvania

I'm happily married and have one daughter, Sadie, who just turned 8 months old cloud9.gif

I'm mostly into modern comics, or "Drek" as I'm sure most of you describe it grin.gif (The Walking Dead, Y: The Last Man, The Boys, Fell, Mouse Guard, Fear Agent, Girls, Marvel Zombies, and The Exterminators, to name a few of my favorites).

In addition, I'm a Signature Series addict, and I love Neal Adams Batman covers 893applaud-thumb.gif

My user name, "EvilAsh" is taken from a trilogy of B-horror movies directed by Sam Raimi, starring Bruce Campbell, called the Evil Dead / Army of Darkness. In addition to comic conventions, I also enjoy attending horror conventions and pretty much anything to do with zombies headbang.gif

To support my comics habit, I work in sales within the modular homes industry for a wholesale building materials supplier.

I guess that's about it, I'm definitely in favor of full disclosure thumbsup2.gif

Hello,

My name is Casey Sand. I am 39 years old and am currently living with my fiancee Emily in a condo complex in Nanuet, NY. I am an IT professional in the direct mail industry and have been so for the past 14 years. I will be getting married next September. And hope to have a house of our own a few years after that.

I've been reading comics since I was 7 or 8 years old but I didn't start collecting until I was around 12. I visited a lot of comic shops in my youth including the infamous Fantazia in Hartsdale. foreheadslap.gif Don't hate me I was a naive teenager back then. I didn't know what a crook Danny Dupcack was I even tried my hand at selling comics, having bought a large collection, I went to a number of small shows in westchester and NJ. But I found that I preferred collecting and reading them to selling them.

I put myself thru college with the help of my work, working full time and going to school at night. It was during this time that I began to lose interest in comics. I was just too busy. Several years later, on the verge of selling my collection, i rediscovered my passion for the hobby and have been upgrading my collection ever since.

Casey

My name is

Mike Greenwood

My wife's name is Donna

That's where the comicdonna came from.

I am 42 and self-employed as a logging contractor in upstate NY.

I enjoy boating and comic collecting.

I'm Jeff Delaney, 41 years old. I live in Balboa(a peninsula in Newport Beach, CA), 50 feet from the beach, and 50 feet from the bay. In other words, if there's a tsunami, I'm screwed. I do some writing on the side, including a postcard history of Newport Beach that was published last year by Arcadia Publishing...

cover.jpg

I'm doing another book for Arcadia next year focusing on Balboa & Balboa Island. I also do some screenwriting.

My wife Julie is a civil engineer, and also sings in a few bands...

redjacket.jpg

When we're not hanging out at the beach, we do a lot of hiking, especially in Whistler, BC, where we own a timeshare. Love that place...

onwhistler.jpg

Oh, and I collect comics, too. hi.gif