• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Incredible Hulk Collecting Thread
7 7

509 posts in this topic

We have similar collections.

2012-08-03112649.jpg

:hail:

Only difference is I had to sell my Hulk 181 in CGC 8.5 to finance the Hulk 1. :cry:

Still, it was a good move I think.

Haha. You even had a #181 in 8.5? Goes on to prove we are very similar collectors.

I might also be one of the few board members that rival you in tattoo coverage! :thumbsup:

We have similar collections.

2012-08-03112649.jpg

:hail:

Only difference is I had to sell my Hulk 181 in CGC 8.5 to finance the Hulk 1. :cry:

Still, it was a good move I think.

Haha. You even had a #181 in 8.5? Goes on to prove we are very similar collectors.

I might also be one of the few board members that rival you in tattoo coverage! :thumbsup:

:o:headbang:

Beautiful sets guys!  This was the first "set" that I had my sights set on when I got back into collecting a few years back.  #1 - it's the Hulk who I grew up loving (even though I'm an ASM guy first) and #2 - being only 6 issues it's something I felt I could accomplish.  

BTW, has anyone noticed the new slabs are more difficult to scan?  Or is it just me?  My Hulk 1 just wouldn't scan very well (or #3).  Probably not the right place to ask, but thought I'd check.

My set:

hulk_1_front.jpg

ih_2_front_nolabel.jpg

ih_4_font_nolabel.jpg

ih_5_front.jpg

ih_6_front.jpg

hulk_3_front.jpg

On 3/23/2017 at 9:47 AM, grube09 said:

Beautiful sets guys!  This was the first "set" that I had my sights set on when I got back into collecting a few years back.  #1 - it's the Hulk who I grew up loving (even though I'm an ASM guy first) and #2 - being only 6 issues it's something I felt I could accomplish.  

BTW, has anyone noticed the new slabs are more difficult to scan?  Or is it just me?  My Hulk 1 just wouldn't scan very well (or #3).  Probably not the right place to ask, but thought I'd check.

My set:

hulk_1_front.jpg

ih_2_front_nolabel.jpg

ih_4_font_nolabel.jpg

ih_5_front.jpg

ih_6_front.jpg

hulk_3_front.jpg

Yeah.  I had to take photos with a camera. 

On 3/24/2017 at 11:37 PM, 01TheDude said:

Of the first 6 Hulk books, I think I like the cover for #5 the most, closely followed by #1

I sold my #1 .5 to help buy my first home in 2014...

i want to get hulk back into my collection and considering the price for 1 vs. issue 5...also considering 5 is the best cover I’m going with 5 and saving a ton of money. I agree it’s the best cover with the green hulk looking menacing as he bashes through a cement wall. Probably at New York comic con I’ll look for a 5-6.0.

2 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

Ya gotta love that splash!! 

Incredible Hulk 3 splash.JPG

I cannot for the life of me remember the circumstances, but I’m reasonably certain that this is the first image of the Hulk I ever saw. I’m thinking it was maybe a coverless reprint?