• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Incredible Hulk Collecting Thread
7 7

509 posts in this topic

Is anyone bidding on the Hulk 1 Northland NM- on Comic Link?

What's it worth?

Well, according to GPAnalysis, the Northland 9.2 copy sold in August 2002 for $51,900. And there are only 3 copies graded in 9.2, so that's a killer in grade, for sure.

There have been 3 recorded sales of 9.0s in GPA (there are 6 in the census) :

June 2002 = $23,521

Sept 2002 = $13,600

Dec 2006 = $33,378

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the Northland copy. Hard to say because there's not a lot of data to extrapolate trends.

(Note: edited to reflect current bid on C-Link of $80,000+)

As far as the 9.4, sky's the limit. Tough book....

Edited by Rhino

Is anyone bidding on the Hulk 1 Northland NM- on Comic Link?

What's it worth?

Well, according to GPAnalysis, the Northland 9.2 copy sold in August 2002 for $51,900. And there are only 3 copies graded in 9.2, so that's a killer in grade, for sure.

There have been 3 recorded sales of 9.0s in GPA (there are 6 in the census) :

June 2002 = $23,521

Sept 2002 = $13,600

Dec 2006 = $33,378

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the Northland copy. Hard to say if it'll bring 51,900 or more or less because there's not a lot of data to extrapolate trends.

As far as the 9.4, sky's the limit. Tough book....

There was a recent thread about nostomania's pricing algorithm, mostly critical for being too high, that I keep intending to reply to.

Their extrapolation is

NM 9.4 $73,000.00 0

NM- 9.2 $38,900.00 2

It'll be interesting to see how close this is on the 9.2 sale.

(There's a How Stalin hopes we will destroy America in NM- there right now -- caught my eye when I was getting the Hulk data.

I don't know whether this link will work.

nostomania Stalin

Not my book, but I wish it was!)

Jack

Current bid on the Northland copy is $82,500. Not so hard to figure it would sell for a lot more than $51,900. Pedigree Comics sold it in 2004 for $75,000. It sold on Comic Link for $82,500, I think about two years ago.

If the 9.4 ever came up for sale, you have to figure it would go for at least $150,000.

Current bid on the Northland copy is $82,500. Not so hard to figure it would sell for a lot more than $51,900. Pedigree Comics sold it in 2004 for $75,000. It sold on Comic Link for $82,500, I think about two years ago.

If the 9.4 ever came up for sale, you have to figure it would go for at least $150,000.

That explains the jump then, I was scratching my head over it. ComicLink does not report sales to GPAnalysis. I really, really wish they would.

Instead of starting a new thread, I figured I'd post this question here. GPA shows the sale of a Hulk 102 9.4 Curator copy a few years ago. I'd love to see a scan of this book...if anyone can help it would be appreciated!! flowerred.gif

Anyone know who owns it?

This includes my favorite Hulk book, #139. I fell in love with book back in the 70's when I got the Treasury Edition. I think it's Trimpe at his best and it has all the cool villians. Had to add TTA to make it halfway legit for the Silver Age section. grin.gif I love Kirby's work, but what's up with that "Fonzie Hulk"??

h.jpg

Edited by Mo Fun

Just got this back from being graded. Can't remember where I picked it up. Probably WonderCon or a LCS in the 1990s:

Hulk 103

HULK103-96.jpg

That's the toughest one from 102 - up. (worship)