• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

True first appearance of Omaha(?) and other "Adult" comics

39 posts in this topic

Posting a scan of what I believe to be the first appearance of this character. I did not even know what I had until FD confirmed it in another thread.

When I get the chance I will scan and post covers from Black Kiss and Cherry Poptart here.

hope others post scans as well

1497895-bizsex9firstomaha.jpg

1497895-bizsex9firstomaha.jpg.905e9aba859143a47f1d149329c95959.jpg

Edited by jmg3637

Posting a scan of what I believe to be the first appearance of this character. I did not even know what I had until FD confirmed it in another thread.

When I get the chance I will scan and post covers from Black Kiss and Cherry Poptart here.

hope others post scans as well

1497895-bizsex9firstomaha.jpg

Sweet lookin book!

PM me if you're lookin to unload. Who needs GL 76, I want my BS 9!!

I did not know that eithe, thanks. Since Overstreet ignores Adult material, what publication can be used to find out esoteric details about erotic comics?

inside the front cover is says Printing No. 10 9 8 7 6 so is this the 5th or 6th printing?

Edited by jmg3637

it's a Kitchen Sink book, which means that it could be any print except the original.

generally you can tell the print version by the price, although i don't know how firm that particular rule is, no pun or entendre intended

ok here is a Cherry Poptart # 1 it is copyrighted in 1982

Not sure if it is a reprint or not, but based upon my Classics Illustrated training it might be as there is an add inside the back cover which has an HRN of 3 including images ot all 3 issues.

1498015-cherrypop1.jpg

between my copies of # 1 and # 2 the "publisher" in the upper left corner changed from "Yetzler & Goniff" to " Yentzer & Gonif"

1498015-cherrypop1.jpg.81c8e84876a3078d88461f670862c1c9.jpg

Edited by jmg3637

I've got that BS9 in 5th printing myself, here's a good site for more info. on printing editions for underground comix.

http://www.ugcomix.info/guide/index.html

Click on the letter in the upper left corner that the title of the book begins with.

If you find something that isn't there or if something is needed, please add to the guide.

Edited by IITravel

Not sure if it is a reprint or not, but based upon my Classics Illustrated training it might be as there is an add inside the back cover which has an HRN of 3 including images ot all 3 issues.

1498015-cherrypop1.jpg

between my copies of # 1 and # 2 the "publisher" in the upper left corner changed from "Yetzler & Goniff" to " Yentzer & Gonif"

this is a reprint. first prints have a different - and cheaper - cover price. Forumite comicwiz is a good source of info on these books, too

1498015-cherrypop1.jpg

this is a reprint. first prints have a different - and cheaper - cover price. Forumite comicwiz is a good source of info on these books, too

First prints have a $2.00 cover price...

413px-Cherry_Poptart_-_Issue_One.jpg

OK but I KNOW my copy of BLACK KISS # 3 is a first print!

There was a BIG insert that proclaimed it along with both issues #3 and 4. That is the real cover that is off to the left of the insert

1499810-blackkiss3.jpg

I am not sure if the #1 is a first print, if there is a way to determine it I have not found it.

1499810-blackkiss3.jpg.0032040d7460573a3f192e7da94ee0ac.jpg

Edited by jmg3637