• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

I dont like the part where posts have to start with"WTS:" its too blah shy.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I agree.

Also, the part about "threads may not be bumped to the top until a week after they have fallen off of the front page" is a big disappointment. I realize Arch is trying to prevent serial bumping, but a week seems much too long to keep any momentum. Speaking as one of the "little fish" that the guidelines are presumably trying to protect, I would have lost out on most of my sales if this had been in effect before. confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree with both sentiments. thumbsup2.gif

So do I.

I don't think a time limit should be put on the bumping of a thread, rather a number of bumps limit should be applied. Say for example three seller bumps after all other activity has ceased? confused-smiley-013.gif

How about that all perceived violations are to be reported to the administrator for action, or to the creator for correction, and that any spams within the thread by forumites attacking the conduct (which, in fact, may turn out to be inaccurate) itself constitutes a rule violation.

How about we just tie-up and gag all of those free-thinking nogoodniks. wink.gif

I love everything but the bump part. What constitutes a bump? The actual graemlin by the seller or someone coming along with a corny post to shoot it to the top? ON busy days, you could lose the front page in 5 minutes.

Obviously, correspondence within the thread, or the addition of books for sale to a thread cannot be construed as a bump, except by "incorigible recidivists" 27_laughing.gif

ok

Gratuitous bumps, meaning a post that says nothing more than... bumpit.gif ??

If you post more books to your thread, bumping it back to the top, that's okay, right? Also, I believe the number of posts/page is user configurable, so we'd never have a standard for "front page."

I'd prefer some rule that says you can reply to your own final post once ("bump") but no successive bumps allowed. The "final post" is understood to be the latest post where a new book is being offered, or some real inquiry from a potential buyer is being answered.

But frankly, I'd do away with the bumping requirement altogether-- seems an invitation for the creation of shills to do the bumping, or log-rolling between forum members to keep their stuff on top.

Put me down for disliking the "WTS" label requirement as well.

Edited by Zonker

You may comment here.

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif = Great

thumbsup2.gif = Good

confused.gif = Huh?

1. Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics.

thumbsup2.gif

So I can sell my old clothes in the other marketplace? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

2. No spamming. Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed.

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

3. It must be an exclusive board-only offer. If the book is offered for sale through another venue (ebay, dealer site, personal web site, etc.) then it should NOT be offered here. It should be offered in the Sales Advertising board.

4. Links to outside sites for any purpose involving purchasing the offered books are not allowed.

thumbsup2.gif -Except for sig links right? poke2.gif

5. It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

thumbsup2.gif

6. List scans or information about the grade of the offered books.

7. List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods.

8. List acceptable forms of payment

9. Prompt responses must be made to buy requests made through the boards (posts or PMs).

10. Threads may not be bumped to the top until a week after they have fallen off of the front page.

confused.gif How am I gonna know exactly when a week went by...? confused-smiley-013.gif

This one should be dropped since it's way to easy to break when your buddies can bump your threads asking for scans or by making offers. Or you can add a new book to the thread everyday... How is this going to be inforced?

11.Thread title must start with "WTS:" and must give some indication of the types of items for sale.

confused.gif I'm not even sure what WTS is... Want The Sale?

I use "For Sale". confused-smiley-013.gif

My thoughts:

Keep 1 - 9 and drop 10 and 11. thumbsup2.gif

More of a best practice but it would be great if there was a standard to posting follow-ups on sold items. I for one prefer doing business with sellers that will go back and update the first post in a thread and denote what has been sold. As a prospective buyer I don't want to have to go through 5 pages of flame wars or graemlin wars to figure out what still for sale.

Just my $0.02

More of a best practice but it would be great if there was a standard to posting follow-ups on sold items. I for one prefer doing business with sellers that will go back and update the first post in a thread and denote what has been sold. As a prospective buyer I don't want to have to go through 5 pages of flame wars or graemlin wars to figure out what still for sale.

Just my $0.02

Good point BUT after a certain amount of time you can't go back and edit a post (perhaps this could be changed?).

The following guidelines are now in effect. Over some period of time these may be modified or expanded.

As of now, dealers will be allowed to post here on a trial basis as long as all guidelines are respected. This may change if problems occur.

Note that BUYERS AND SELLERS HAVE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR TRANSACTIONS. We will not resolve disputes, and purchases and sales are done at your own risk.

Want To Sell – Threads may be removed for failure to comply, and repeated issues could result in strikes.

1. Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics.

2. No spamming. Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed.

3. It must be an exclusive board-only offer. If the book is offered for sale through another venue (ebay, dealer site, personal web site, etc.) then it should NOT be offered here. It should be offered in the Sales Advertising board.

4. Links to outside sites for any purpose involving purchasing the offered books are not allowed.

5. It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

6. List scans or information about the grade of the offered books.

7. List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods.

8. List acceptable forms of payment

9. Prompt responses must be made to buy requests made through the boards (posts or PMs).

10. Threads may not be bumped to the top until a week after they have fallen off of the front page.

11. Thread title must start with "WTS:" and must give some indication of the types of items for sale.

Thank you, Architect! hail.gif

2 through 9. thumbsup2.gif

10. As already addressed, a week is too long considering most sale threads only last a few days. I voted for 1 day in the poll.

11. Although I don't think adding 4 characters to the start of the thread title is that hard for sellers, I think the implication for posts that don't start with "WTB" is that they are sale threads. However, the requirement for an indication of what's available is great, even if it's only a general description like "mid-grade Silver-Bronze Marvels"

Seems like a simple bump a day isn't all that bad, a thread can disapear within a day sometimes. A week is too long. confused-smiley-013.gif

confused.gif How am I gonna know exactly when a week went by...? confused-smiley-013.gif

This one should be dropped since it's way to easy to break when your buddies can bump your threads asking for scans or by making offers. Or you can add a new book to the thread everyday... How is this going to be inforced?

11.Thread title must start with "WTS:" and must give some indication of the types of items for sale.

My thoughts:

I agree with Aces.

a week is too long considering most sale threads only last a few days. I voted for 1 day in the poll.

11. Although I don't think adding 4 characters to the start of the thread title is that hard for sellers, I think the implication for posts that don't start with "WTB" is that they are sale threads. However, the requirement for an indication of what's available is great, even if it's only a general description like "mid-grade Silver-Bronze Marvels"

Agreed. Things were rocking with the first 9 rules.

They should stop there. Sometimes less is more.

I appreciate occasional bumps which also UPDATE where certain books stand as far as sold or not sold.

And it's to my benefit because after a day goes by sometimes the seller bumps the thread announcing a reduction in pricetag.

Under this proposed rule both buyer and seller are too hindered.

Keep the 9......lose the rest.

My thoughts:

I agree with Aces.

hail.gif

I agree. It all looks pretty good except 10 and 11. The idea to limit bumps to three isn't too bad though. As for 11, basically all the threads are WTS (or as I prefer, FS).

Marc

Agree with all the rules basically, except the bumping where i share the view that it cannot be inforced anyhow, so why bother confused-smiley-013.gif

Other than that, great work and great step in the right direction thumbsup2.gif

one suggestion:

Why not make it a rule that it is not allowed to hijack other peoples sales threads by spamming, rediculing the books or the prices or rediculing the seller?

Basically we could have a rule that replies in a WTS thread has to be either:

1) a takeit.gif

2) a quesiton about the book, or shipping or anything else related to the sale

3) reference to seperate PM's allready send or intended to be send

IMO that would increase the clarity of the threads and limit the amount of time us buyers has to spend throlling through a 12 page sales thread with only 3 books init..

How does that sound ? confused-smiley-013.gif

How about that all perceived violations are to be reported to the administrator for action, or to the creator for correction, and that any spams within the thread by forumites attacking the conduct (which, in fact, may turn out to be inaccurate) itself constitutes a rule violation.

*inaccurate* 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I guess if you childishly delete ALL your offending posts, it's pretty tough for Arch to catch you. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif