• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

Not completely on point, but I'd love the see the categories broken down a bit further-- GOLD-SILVER-BRONZE-COPPER-MODERN or if that's too much GOLD/SILVER - BRONZE/COPPER - MODERN/MISC

As a golden age collector I'd rather not scroll through pages of silver I have no interest in.
My 2c

What are the general rules about doing auctions here? And does anyone do it? I'm not sure I've ever seen one here. I'd be up for trying one....I just don't know if there is a post regarding how to run them here. If there is or if anyone has a good example of one to link me to I'd be much obliged. And maybe it's a terrible idea but I'd be up to making a "sacrifice" that may perform poorly in the spirit of just doing one.

• Administrator
On 8/15/2023 at 8:42 PM, Kramerica said:

What are the general rules about doing auctions here? And does anyone do it? I'm not sure I've ever seen one here. I'd be up for trying one....I just don't know if there is a post regarding how to run them here. If there is or if anyone has a good example of one to link me to I'd be much obliged. And maybe it's a terrible idea but I'd be up to making a "sacrifice" that may perform poorly in the spirit of just doing one.

In addition to the normal rules, (shipping, payment info, return policy, Picture and/or grade) you MUST list a BIN price.  Several auctions have taken place here.  Many of them were successful.  

On 8/15/2023 at 5:46 PM, CGC Mike said:

In addition to the normal rules, (shipping, payment info, return policy, Picture and/or grade) you MUST list a BIN price.  Several auctions have taken place here.  Many of them were successful.  

Okay, great. So you have to give folks the option of buying it outright and then you can start at whatever price you want? So:

Ms. Maisel #1 VG- 3.5 Opening Bid: $1.00, BIN Price: $50.00

Is that correct?

• Administrator
On 8/15/2023 at 9:15 PM, Kramerica said:

Okay, great. So you have to give folks the option of buying it outright and then you can start at whatever price you want? So:

Ms. Maisel #1 VG- 3.5 Opening Bid: $1.00, BIN Price: $50.00

Is that correct?

Yes.