• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questions for CGC and the Liason Committee

926 posts in this topic

Because the menu says so!

sumo.gif

Should we set-up a food liaison Committee to ask them why?

Look, if you are going to split hairs with me on this it is going to be a VERY long day.

WTF don't you get ?

Plain fries are called, fries.

Fries with cheese on top are called, Cheese fries

Fries with Chille AND cheese on top are called.... wait for it..

CHILLE CHEESE FRIES

Why are you not getting this? Do you need a french fry guide or something to help you understand?

makepoint.gif

Go make a french fry committee and have them to ask all the questions they want. I am never going to change my stance regarding this issue no matter what they say.

Fries with cheese on top are now ,and will forever be known as cheese fries.

You can call them whatever you want, you can put the cheese on the bottom and call them fry cheese But since since you are adding something to the fries they are now something different, and should be labeled as such. It should be disclosed on the menu, and labeled Cheese fries.

sign-rantpost.gif

Ze-

Kenny... are you drinking again... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

the 893censored-thumb.gif is "Chille?"

Chili. sumo.gif

In parts of Indiana it is!

you mean in or around the lesser Zionsville area, specifically the half-mile oval described by your deeded lot?

Chili. sumo.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

I plead what Elite girl said.

I meant to misspell it.

I'm sorry, but "Chille" is not a commonly accepted Internets idiom, although someday it may very well be. if this ever is the case, we can all say we were there when it happened. maybe write the Wiki entry for it or something.

oh happy day when and if that day ever does come

Nope, but going insane after stuffing 2500 easter eggs with candy and prizes for my wife's easter Egg hunt tomorrow.

I am babbling, babbling, babbling.

Did I mention it is going to be a high of 28 tomorrow? And might actually snow on Easter. Record low temps this weekend after 3 weeks of above average weather.

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Chili. sumo.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

I meant to misspell it.

That or your 12-year old boys are posting for you again.

Because the menu says so!

sumo.gif

Should we set-up a food liaison Committee to ask them why?

Look, if you are going to split hairs with me on this it is going to be a VERY long day.

WTF don't you get ?

Plain fries are called, fries.

Fries with cheese on top are called, Cheese fries

Fries with Chille AND cheese on top are called.... wait for it..

CHILLE CHEESE FRIES

Why are you not getting this? Do you need a french fry guide or something to help you understand?

makepoint.gif

Go make a french fry committee and have them to ask all the questions they want. I am never going to change my stance regarding this issue no matter what they say.

Fries with cheese on top are now ,and will forever be known as cheese fries.

You can call them whatever you want, you can put the cheese on the bottom and call them fry cheese But since since you are adding something to the fries they are now something different, and should be labeled as such. It should be disclosed on the menu, and labeled Cheese fries.

sign-rantpost.gif

Ze-

French fries are actually Belgian... gossip.gif

Chili. sumo.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

I meant to misspell it.

Ellen did it. And she said she meant to misspell it too.

acclaim.gif

Chili. sumo.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

I meant to misspell it.

that's inappropriate .. and not funny yeahok.gif ... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif did I mention it's inappropriate..

Me too.. later all.

Sorry to derail the thread. Tonight people will log on to see what is going on, only to see lots of talk about fried potatoes.

Ze-

French fries are actually Belgian... gossip.gif

I got your Pom frites pal.

Want some mayo with those?

poke2.gif

Only way to eat them... cloud9.gif

From Wikipedia

The Belgians are noted for claiming that "French" fries are in fact Belgian, but definitive evidence for the origin has not been presented. Whether they invented them, 'frites' quickly became the national snack and a substantial part of both national dishes — making the Belgians their largest consumers, and to Europe, at least their "symbolic" creators.

The Belgian historian Jo Gerard recounts that potatoes were already fried in 1680, in the area of "the Meuse valley between Dinant and Liège, Belgium. The poor inhabitants of this region allegedly had the custom of accompanying their meals with small fried fish, but when the river was frozen and they were unable to fish, they cut potatoes lengthwise and fried them in oil to accompany their meals."

The term 'frites' lends itself to puns with the name 'Fritz'. In 1857, the newspaper Courrier de Verviers devotes an article to Fritz, a Belgian entrepreneur selling French fries at fairs, calling him "le roi des pommes de terre frites". In 1862 a fries shack (frietkot, see below) called "Max en Fritz" was established near Het Steen in Antwerp.

acclaim.gif

Chili. sumo.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

I meant to misspell it.

Like hell you did sumo.gifpoke2.gif

Oh no you didant!

Girlfriend, you better shut up before I start talking momma jokes on your skinny arse.

893blahblah.gif

Not a problem thumbsup2.gif

This is my theory. What makes a 9.9 is an absolute spectacular copy of the book. Virtually no flaws. It might have a minor microscopic flaw or very minor printing defect or it might be a perfect book but what keeps it from being a 10.0 is a misswrap. A 10.0 is just perfect. No flaws, perfect wrap, no finger prints, nothing......

WRONG! makepoint.gif

Whilst I personally believe it should be right, not according to Steve Borock it isn't. In an interview with Wizard (?) back in about 2001, Steve stated that a 10.0 didn't need to be perfect. Sure it had to be astonishingly good, and also had to be the best copy he had ever seen, or was likely to see, but it didn't have to be perfect. yeahok.gif

So, yeah, at some point, we're in Spinal Tap territory.