• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questions for CGC and the Liason Committee

926 posts in this topic

the 893censored-thumb.gif is "Chille?"

Chili. sumo.gif

In parts of Indiana it is!

confused-smiley-013.gif

I plead what Elite girl said.

I meant to misspell it.

Like hell you did sumo.gifpoke2.gif

Oh no you didant!

Girlfriend, you better shut up before I start talking momma jokes on your skinny arse.

893blahblah.gif

Girl.. you best be movin along 'fore i get medieval on that azz!!! tongue.gif

Not a problem thumbsup2.gif

This is my theory. What makes a 9.9 is an absolute spectacular copy of the book. Virtually no flaws. It might have a minor microscopic flaw or very minor printing defect or it might be a perfect book but what keeps it from being a 10.0 is a misswrap. A 10.0 is just perfect. No flaws, perfect wrap, no finger prints, nothing......

WRONG! makepoint.gif

Whilst I personally believe it should be right, not according to Steve Borock it isn't. In an interview with Wizard (?) back in about 2001, Steve stated that a 10.0 didn't need to be perfect. Sure it had to be astonishingly good, and also had to be the best copy he had ever seen, or was likely to see, but it didn't have to be perfect. yeahok.gif

So, yeah, at some point, we're in Spinal Tap territory.

Who cares what Steve Borock says sumo.gifinsane.gif

My theory is Fries with cheese on them are called cheese fries. Fies with chille and cheese, are called chille cheese fries. But fries by themselves are just called french fries.

It's called a menu.

Ze-

OK, so that was not constructive or helpful in the least. But I am very, very hungry.

grin.gif

27_laughing.gif

This is my theory. What makes a 9.9 is an absolute spectacular copy of the book. Virtually no flaws. It might have a minor microscopic flaw or very minor printing defect or it might be a perfect book but what keeps it from being a 10.0 is a misswrap. A 10.0 is just perfect. No flaws, perfect wrap, no finger prints, nothing......

WRONG! makepoint.gif

Whilst I personally believe it should be right, not according to Steve Borock it isn't. In an interview with Wizard (?) back in about 2001, Steve stated that a 10.0 didn't need to be perfect. Sure it had to be astonishingly good, and also had to be the best copy he had ever seen, or was likely to see, but it didn't have to be perfect. yeahok.gif

Nick Johnson is right!

1737108-cgc10.jpg

1737108-cgc10.jpg.5d3edfe9c2a48700c6c90a31b9944448.jpg

who's

Nick Johnson is right!

confused-smiley-013.gif

how many alias' do you have Nick 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

gossip.gif It's a Blazing Saddles reference insane.gif

foreheadslap.gif classic movie.. just a little slow on the draw today I guess...

today? poke2.gif

who's

Nick Johnson is right!

confused-smiley-013.gif

foreheadslap.gif classic movie.. just a little slow on the draw today I guess...

today? poke2.gif

damn it man.. don't blow my cover that I'm the village *spoon* uh... why does

i d i o t get the spoon treatment.. yeahok.gif

who's

Nick Johnson is right!

confused-smiley-013.gif

today? poke2.gif

I just realized I have to share a room with 2 Canadians. Man, I hope I don't catch anything. foreheadslap.gif

who's

Nick Johnson is right!

confused-smiley-013.gif

today? poke2.gif

I just realized I have to share a room with 2 Canadians. Man, I hope I don't catch anything. foreheadslap.gif

If you starting saying "eh", want to eat french fries with mozza cheese and gravy, have the sudden urge to watch Hockey Night in Canada, and try plugging your car in at night... you head straight to the hospital mister... thumbsup2.gif

and if Greggy slides into bed with you.. the Canadian has caught you... blush.gif

WRONG! makepoint.gif

I read an argument on here from a few years back about this, and some guy (don't remember id/name) made a great point.

The book doesn't have to be perfect, because if 10.0s were supposed to be completely unopened, untouched example of a book you cannot get ANY book at that grade since you have to open it to grade it. The scale has to start at 10.0 where 10.0 in a book has to be the best the book will ever be at, not ultimate perfect. As for 9.9s well I honestly don't know since I don't believe in 9.9s but confused-smiley-013.gif

who's

Nick Johnson is right!

confused-smiley-013.gif

today? poke2.gif

If you starting saying "eh", want to eat french fries with mozza cheese and gravy, have the sudden urge to watch Hockey Night in Canada, and try plugging your car in at night... you head straight to the hospital mister... thumbsup2.gif

and if Greggy slides into bed with you.. the Canadian has caught you... blush.gif

*spoon*

who's

Nick Johnson is right!

confused-smiley-013.gif

today? poke2.gif

*spoon*

That's right... you'll be singing " Ohhhh.. Canada" and there will be no medals being handed out foreheadslap.gif

They all got too busy, and what I thought was a good idea turned to dust.

Actually, a great deal of the tension and animosity that existed on the boards is gone now, and the need for the committee has gone with it.

For the most part, we're all happy, shiny people now.