• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questions for CGC and the Liason Committee

926 posts in this topic

Actually, a great deal of the tension and animosity that existed on the boards is gone now, and the need for the committee has gone with it.

I'm going with the first part, Jeff, but I can still see the need. There are issues that need thrashing out from time to time, and there remains a few long outstanding ones, too.

I think BK remains a member, and didn't Harry step up to the plate? confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey, if they're up for it, great. Scott and Brad both bowed out, leaving just Brian and Harry.

thumbsup2.gif

I no longer see it as an 'every Wednesday at 4.30pm' sort of thing, but maybe a conference is scheduled when the number of issues that need addressing reaches a certain mass?

Or, of course, when something blows big time... crazy.gif

Hey, if they're up for it, great. Scott and Brad both bowed out, leaving just Brian and Harry.

I would be more than happy to step in and volunteer to be on the liason committe

When Steve and I first talked about the committee, we felt that repeated elections might get tedious, so the idea that the remaining committee members could appoint a replacement for someone who bows out seemed like a good solution. So, it's up to Brian and Harry, but you seem like a good choice to me. hi.gif

I dont think anyone could ask for a better liaison member then Harry, but he said as much himself that he is not on the boards much anymore. Luckily his life has been consumed with his wife's new business.(in other words his honey do list is a mile long)

So I think if there are issues serious enough to actually warrant discussion then it should be handled by board members who have a finger on the pulse of what is really going on here. Or at least a vocal presence. While there are not THAT many serious issues to deal with, it would still be nice for people to think they have at least an open line of communication with CGC(who for obvious reasons does not care to mix it up publicly with all of us, who like to mince and parse everything)

In other words we need committee members who are still geeky enough to still check in here daily. But somehow remain not too geeky.

I would gladly volunteer myself , but I am 100% geek.

sorry.gif

Ze-

I would be more than happy to step in and volunteer to be on the liason committe

Now we're in trouble. tonofbricks.gif

actually, things really have been relatively quiet insofar as controversies, etc.

since this thread had been totally quiet for 3 months. i'd chosen to let it remain so.

having said that, if anyone has a real issue or question that remains unresolved please bring it up here (and let's not simply try to think up things to get our names up in neon, but rather real CGC issues flowerred.gif ) and i will contact brian to see how we should advance.

i've been back on the boards quite a bit more than earlier in the year and am raring to go.................

actually, things really have been relatively quiet insofar as controversies, etc.

since this thread had been totally quiet for 3 months. i'd chosen to let it remain so

It's been quiet because it's a lame duck.

since this thread had been totally quiet for 3 months. i'd chosen to let it remain so

It's been quiet because it's a lame duck.

As a member of the committee -- let me say I actually agree with this. Now, if we get some members who want to work together, maybe it will work better. Personally, I'd like to have Arex on the committee at the very least.

Brian,

When Steve and I were hammering out the details of the committee, we talked about the simplest way to replace members who've resigned. We both felt that constant elections would be cumbersome, so decided that if the remaining committee members and Steve could agree on someone, and that someone was interested, that they could just be appointed to the position.

If that methodology sounds good to you and Harry, and you both feel that arex would make a good committee member, then maybe run it by Steve and forge ahead. thumbsup2.gif

Jeff

Hmmm, my recollection was that I placed in the top 4 (or was it even 3?) forumites who received votes to be nominated for the Committee, but CGC decided to skip over me for whatever reasons it might have had. C'est la vie.

I still remain more than dedicated to the comic community that I view this as important enough to be willing to devote time away from my law practice and comic business. thumbsup2.gif But that's up to CGC. flowerred.gif

Anyone else find it ironic that two of the members chosen by CGC to serve on the Committee were eventually suspended from posting? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif