• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questions for CGC and the Liason Committee

926 posts in this topic

Can someone on the Committee inquire, or if Steve B sees this respond, as to the status of having the grader's notes placed online. :popcorn:

Thank you! :hi:

:popcorn:

:signfunny:

Now how about offering other shipping methods besides Fedex how about DHL to us Canucks that request it?

Can someone on the Committee inquire, or if Steve B sees this respond, as to the status of having the grader's notes placed online. :popcorn:

Thats your best post...EVER :golfclap:

2c:kidaround:

How about adding functionality on the website where we can check the status/grade of our comics by invoice number?

Thats your best post...EVER :golfclap:

2c:kidaround:

Now I have proof that Steve knows nothing about what goes on at CGC. He is a complete front operation! Nothing but a pretty face mouthpiece. :blahblah::kidaround:

You owe me a scotch next week in SD bud! (::banana:

The Liaison Committee in action! :banana:

:acclaim:

Well done, Harry! (thumbs u Since you've been so effective, I'll ask another question:

What's up with the Geppi Museum books being identified as such at the top of the slab? Are they supposed to identify books that were submitted by the Geppi Museum? Were they represented to CGC as being for display in the Geppi Museum only, or did CGC expect (or care) that the books would be quickly sold?

The books are labeled for GEM only.

The back label states: NOT FOR RE-SALE

Books that are no longer in GEM or never made it in, will have or have had the labels taken out and given the usual CGC labels when being sold. I know a few made it to the Heritage website before re-labeling, but that has been fixed (thumbs u

Yeh - what the guy in the ponytail said.................. :cool:

As someone who lives outside the USA and growing up disgusted with the local telco charging prohibitive rates for an overseas call, this will be a BIG help for us. I literally count the seconds I am on the phone when i call overseas...matter of habit i guess although they are alot cheaper now compared before.

Is this wishful thinking or something we can see next year? :whistle:

As someone who lives outside the USA and growing up disgusted with the local telco charging prohibitive rates for an overseas call, this will be a BIG help for us. I literally count the seconds I am on the phone when i call overseas...matter of habit i guess although they are alot cheaper now compared before.

wishful thinking.

Right now, CGC has said they are not in a position to have grader's notes on line due to many other projects that are ongoing at the moment (not just in CGC itself but in the entire body of companies that CGC is a part of) and the fact that financially it is simply not feasible to get done at the moment. I would not expect to see this in the next year.

Right now, CGC has said they are not in a position to have grader's notes on line due to many other projects that are ongoing at the moment (not just in CGC itself but in the entire body of companies that CGC is a part of) and the fact that financially it is simply not feasible to get done at the moment. I would not expect to see this in the next year.

re: Financially not feasible...

Honestly, how difficult could retrieving this information be? I work in technology on a daily basis (I've heard just about every excuse NOT to do something) and my guess is the grader notes are ALREADY stored in a DB and associated to the book's ID along with any additional information including the grade, customer info, etc (if not, there's a major disconnect already). Given that, the relationship should already be established behind the scenes so displaying it couldn't be more then a few hours of someone's time and maybe an additional SQL query or two. They had time to redesign this board.

If ROI is a concern, which is usually something any established organization would look towards in getting a priority set, this should also be fairly easy to convey. For example, look at the current experience...a customer calls in, a person (who is being paid) has to manually look this information up, relay it over the phone, probably have a conversation about said info, and then hang up. How much did that single call cost CGC? How long did it take? Is that the best use of company time? Compare that a DB hit and providing the ability for the customer to respond via email. Seems the ROI on the latter, would outweigh the former.

Lastly, I can't see how this isn't in the best interest of CGC. It's already being done over the phone so why not online? I would also like to believe it would lend additional credibility to what CGC does. Most impotent, but customers are asking for it and that should outweigh any internal debate.

Just curious, but are grader notes available for the other communities easily online (i.e. cards? coins? etc.)

2c

Is the "graders' notes" issue a matter of human effort only? What if a bunch of us volunteered some time toward the project? (Yes, I'd volunteer.)

No.. Snitzer is probably correct. The data is already in the database. Manpower isn't going to solve the problem in my opinion.

The major problem I can think of is that grader notes are associated with EACH grader's separate notes that only the Finalizer or Primary Grader can see. They'd have to pull the grader notes from each grader report and mesh them together. Each grader report might also possibly have information they do NOT want you to see... like speculation or specific comic details that the other graders may note for the final grader (which may or may not be true).

To go through and edit each report for what is now close to 1 million comics (which would mean 3 million reports) is what is probably causing the hold up.

Just my speculation... (shrug)

Is the "graders' notes" issue a matter of human effort only? What if a bunch of us volunteered some time toward the project? (Yes, I'd volunteer.)

No.. Snitzer is probably correct. The data is already in the database. Manpower isn't going to solve the problem in my opinion.

The major problem I can think of is that grader notes are associated with EACH grader's separate notes that only the Finalizer or Primary Grader can see. They'd have to pull the grader notes from each grader report and mesh them together. Each grader report might also possibly have information they do NOT want you to see... like speculation or specific comic details that the other graders may note for the final grader (which may or may not be true).

To go through and edit each report for what is now close to 1 million comics (which would mean 3 million reports) is what is probably causing the hold up.

Just my speculation... (shrug)

sckao; I took your theories to Steve Borock and he seems pretty much in agreement. some of the bigger problems with pulling this off would be;

1. the Time it would take to mesh 3 sets of notes into one cohesive description.

2. the necessary edits that would have to be performed to remove any proprietory info or anything possibly controversial.

3. good 'ol cost - perhaps as many as 3 million notes need to be worked on.

4. the fact that such notes are NOT available online for either coins or cards.

my sense is (as Brian stated earlier) that we shouldn't be expecting this anytime soon, if ever........... :(

for those of you on the other side of the world, in need of graders notes occasionally, and facing a big telephone bill, send me a PM with your requests and i'll do my best to get the info from CGC and get back to you via PM. :insane:

I am retired, afterall................................Harry.