• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,791 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, sagii said:

Nice going on the bump up.

Looks straight up 8.0 to me on the scan. Wonder why they graded it a point down? 

Not sure. My crossover books had been coming in lower until the last batch when a couple came in higher -- which is a first.

Missing Four Color 1339

I have been looking for this book everywhere in high grade. DTA collectibles had it in an auction at a nosebleed price. After it ended I was able to make a fair deal.

I consider this one of the finest additions to my Four Color collection. It rarely even shows up on EBay and when it does it usually garbage.

missing 1339 A Rawhide116.jpg

missing 1339 B Rawhide117.jpg

On 1/27/2019 at 7:40 PM, 4GEMWORKS said:

Missing Four Color 1339

I have been looking for this book everywhere in high grade. DTA collectibles had it in an auction at a nosebleed price. After it ended I was able to make a fair deal.

I consider this one of the finest additions to my Four Color collection. It rarely even shows up on EBay and when it does it usually garbage.

missing 1339 A Rawhide116.jpg

missing 1339 B Rawhide117.jpg

Very nice.  Love these missing FCs. 

16 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

Time to bump up the thread.  Got this one slabbed to use as a decoration around the house:

IMG_0127.thumb.jpg.bb22ff50337e01e3e8cf4a10894d96f0.jpg

Funny books at their finest.  I vacillate over which of Barks's efforts I like best, but it may well be this one.

While posting this image I remembered I have two copies of this issue.  One of the early FLYING SAUCER comics

Wrap-around cover with the FLYING SAUCERS on the back which I didn't notice when I first saw this issue.

Might consider parting with one of them sometime.

IMG  4-COLOR #190 FC  (200 dpi).jpg

IMG  4-COLOR #190 BC  (200 dpi).jpg

Edited by Marty Mann

31 minutes ago, Marty Mann said:

While posting this image I remembered I have two copies of this issue.  One of the early FLYING SAUCER comics

Wrap-around cover with the FLYING SAUCERS on the back which I didn't notice when I first saw this issue.

Might consider parting with one of them sometime.

IMG  4-COLOR #190 FC  (200 dpi).jpg

IMG  4-COLOR #190 BC  (200 dpi).jpg

:takeit: