• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,793 posts in this topic

I'm generally not a big fan of a lot of Dells nor this character, but I just LOVE this cover. So mysterious. Great colors and perspective. Really makes you want to read it.

I bought this slabbed because I mainly only wanted the cover. It was also SO cheap. Everytime I look at it now I keep thinking I need to find a low grade reader.

comterrypiratesfc44CGC.jpg

On 6/15/2019 at 8:34 PM, Robot Man said:

I'm generally not a big fan of a lot of Dells nor this character, but I just LOVE this cover. So mysterious. Great colors and perspective. Really makes you want to read it.

I bought this slabbed because I mainly only wanted the cover. It was also SO cheap. Everytime I look at it now I keep thinking I need to find a low grade reader.

comterrypiratesfc44CGC.jpg

I think Terry and the Pirates was still running in our local paper when I was a little kid. Don't have a clear recollection of any of the stories and I can't recall having read any since. I agree that cover makes you want to read the story.

Purchased raw from Beford J. Rock as a 7.5. Seemed reasonable given the small stain on the candy cane and other stain near Uncle W's coattail. But who are we to question such things?

Pretty Newton Ringy, alas.

2019-07-08-0001.jpg

One oddity about that scan (not that most of my scans don't have problems!): The upper staple appears rust-free with the book in hand, but rusty in the scan. hm

Kind of surprising that this copy is tied for second-highest graded. Probably aren't a lot of truly high-grade copies out there and not many people are slabbing mid-grade copies. 

fc.jpg