• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,793 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Kind of surprising that this copy is tied for second-highest graded. Probably aren't a lot of truly high-grade copies out there and not many people are slabbing mid-grade copies. 

fc.jpg

..One of the (not too many) covers to depict Bugs 'model-sheet' right!

Love it!

20 hours ago, sagii said:

..One of the (not too many) covers to depict Bugs 'model-sheet' right!

Love it!

Interesting. You mean that's the pose he takes on the Dell (or WB?) Bugs model sheet? hm

Just now, Sqeggs said:

Interesting. You mean that's the pose he takes on the Dell (or WB?) Bugs model sheet? hm

No , i meant that is a 'well drawn' Bugs Bunny. Some of the covers make him appear tall, and the face is drawn too full, or they always have his ears flopping/bending.

...I know , I know, OCD Bugs Bunny fan problems (:

9 minutes ago, sagii said:

No , i meant that is a 'well drawn' Bugs Bunny. Some of the covers make him appear tall, and the face is drawn too full, or they always have his ears flopping/bending.

...I know , I know, OCD Bugs Bunny fan problems (:

Ah, interesting. Yes, he does look properly Buggsy on this cover. 

Wow  this thread had fallen all the way to page 7.  I took a trip to Houston to visit my mom who had relocated there last year.

Had the opportunity to visit Bedrock's store  and do a nice trade with him.  Had not really added anything to my collection in over a year.  

Nice to find a decent Andy Griffith which is a hard book to find in any shape.

fc 1341 Andy Griffith.jpg

fc 1341 bc.jpg

fc 1179 Swamp Fox.jpg

fc 1179 bc.jpg

On 7/14/2019 at 4:08 PM, kaculler said:

This weekend's reading

fcf 4.JPG

Mandrake :cloud9:

Thanks for posting all these kaculler. I'm enjoying hunting down the 9d copies where they exist. They're great books aren't they.  

11 minutes ago, jmg3637 said:

Wow  this thread had fallen all the way to page 7.  I took a trip to Houston to visit my mom who had relocated there last year.

Had the opportunity to visit Bedrock's store  and do a nice trade with him.  Had not really added anything to my collection in over a year.  

fc 1179 Swamp Fox.jpg

It's hard to see him in a serious role and yet not chuckle isn't it. And don't call me Shirley :bigsmile:

FourColorInventorySept2019-page-001.thumb.jpg.bcc2ccd2923c7b23302df3be05d07144.jpgNow that the first three phases of my year long home remodel project is finished I actually have access to my books again.

did transactions with Bedrock, Terry's  and Dave and Adam  at the Torpedo pre Comic Con show  and just pulled the trigger on another group from MyComicSHop.com.  With all of those I have pushed my collection to 1219 issues,  and virtually all of those from trading.  Must admit pickings in my available stock is getting a bit thin.

Can't remember when I last posted my Thank you list  which has grown to 10 pages with nearly 50 different Trading Partners but here is the most up to date listing

FourColorInventorySept2019-page-002.jpg

FourColorInventorySept2019-page-003.jpg

FourColorInventorySept2019-page-004.jpg

FourColorInventorySept2019-page-005.jpg

FourColorInventorySept2019-page-006.jpg

FourColorInventorySept2019-page-007.jpg

FourColorInventorySept2019-page-008.jpg

FourColorInventorySept2019-page-009.jpg

FourColorInventorySept2019-page-010.jpg

3 hours ago, jmg3637 said:

fc 1341 Andy Griffith.jpg

fc 1341 bc.jpg

Nice additions to the collection. 1,219 Four Colors is very impressive (especially with most being traded for).

Odd seeing a blond Opie on the back of the Andy Griffith. Is he blond on the interior also?

4 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Mandrake :cloud9:

Thanks for posting all these kaculler. I'm enjoying hunting down the 9d copies where they exist. They're great books aren't they.  

They are great books.  I have quite a few Four Colors in my 'To read' pile, but I've fallen behind on reading my backlog as other things have taken precedence.  I'll get back to them eventually.

I now need 185 out of the 1322 Four Color issues for the set.  I picked up #12 Bambi, #16 Porky Pig, #27 Mickey Mouse and #29 Donald Duck recently plus a few others.  The biggest ones that I still need are #9 Donald Duck, #62 Donald Duck, #33 Bugs Bunny, #38 Roy Rogers and #74 Little Lulu.

8 hours ago, kaculler said:

They are great books.  I have quite a few Four Colors in my 'To read' pile, but I've fallen behind on reading my backlog as other things have taken precedence.  I'll get back to them eventually.

I now need 185 out of the 1322 Four Color issues for the set.  I picked up #12 Bambi, #16 Porky Pig, #27 Mickey Mouse and #29 Donald Duck recently plus a few others.  The biggest ones that I still need are #9 Donald Duck, #62 Donald Duck, #33 Bugs Bunny, #38 Roy Rogers and #74 Little Lulu.

Good luck finding them. Quite a set that will be :wishluck:

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:25 PM, jmg3637 said:

FourColorInventorySept2019-page-001.thumb.jpg.bcc2ccd2923c7b23302df3be05d07144.jpgNow that the first three phases of my year long home remodel project is finished I actually have access to my books again.

did transactions with Bedrock, Terry's  and Dave and Adam  at the Torpedo pre Comic Con show  and just pulled the trigger on another group from MyComicSHop.com.  With all of those I have pushed my collection to 1219 issues,  and virtually all of those from trading.  Must admit pickings in my available stock is getting a bit thin.

Can't remember when I last posted my Thank you list  which has grown to 10 pages with nearly 50 different Trading Partners but here is the most up to date listing

FourColorInventorySept2019-page-002.jpg

FourColorInventorySept2019-page-003.jpg

FourColorInventorySept2019-page-004.jpg

FourColorInventorySept2019-page-005.jpg

FourColorInventorySept2019-page-006.jpg

FourColorInventorySept2019-page-007.jpg

FourColorInventorySept2019-page-008.jpg

FourColorInventorySept2019-page-009.jpg

FourColorInventorySept2019-page-010.jpg

Great job! Quite an accomplishment. It takes tenacity, to say the least. A few of the issues are simply impossible to find at all. You can wait weeks or months. Danger man is a good example. Once I finished the prime set I started on the missing Four Colors and still have an issue or two that I am trying to lock up.

Thanks

You are no small part of me reaching this goal and are in 7th place on my trade list 

I think I have about 1/2 of the missing four colors.  Had no real idea about those until I read your research.  I have another  8 in my hold cart on mycomicshop.com

Here are a couple more from my trip down to Houston thanks to the long tall Texan.

fc 1123 Tombstone Territory.jpg

fc 1123 bc.jpg

fc 578 Steve Canyon.jpg

fc 578 bc.jpg

4 hours ago, jmg3637 said:

TRADING for every Four Color Comic that I do not have. Now over 1100 books and growing

The number of Four Colors you "do not have" is "over 1100 books and growing"?  Maybe you stop trading them away.  :wink:

Edited by sfcityduck

Scanning and re-bagging the the books that I got fro the PRE SDCC  Torpedo  show in Los Angeles

Also just got in my latest trade with mycomicshop.com.  Essentially traded 13 long boxes of books  for 13 books.

All of these transactions are added to  my various tracking methods.

Attached is the spreadsheet I developed to attempt to have all the information for both series contained on 1 double sided page.  I have modified this many time over the decade to track counts by 100's and ending digits  and have noted BOLD for higher grade keepers and italics for books that I would like upgrades for.

FOUR COLOR HAVE pg1.jpg

FOUR COLOR HAVE pg2.jpg