• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,793 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, jmg3637 said:

SO how many holes do you still have to fill now kaculler? are you going for both first series as well as second series?

I am down to 128 including only 12 first series.  Been seriously pursuing this for well over a decade, but, to make it more interesting, almost exclusively through trades.

Here are the last few that I got from Terry at the PRE San diego Con that was held last summer

Coming up next will be the latest and biggest trade with MYCOMICSHOP

I'm down to needing 149 issues from Series II, though I have one more issue that hasn't arrived.  Most of the ones I've picked up lately have been from eBay or Mycomicshop, though a few have been from shows.  I picked up a nice Snow White issue at a local show last month.  I've been collecting the series for a long time, but didn't get very serious about it until about 7 years ago.  I haven't been pursuing the first series and probably won't add it to my want list any time soon.  I have a friend who completed the second series a couple of years ago and only has a couple to go to complete the first series.

Getting most of yours through trades is a pretty good accomplishment.  I used to have tons of duplicates, but sold almost all of them to a friend of mine or else I'd offer to trade ones you need, if I had any.  I've been able to cross 23 issues off my list in the last couple of months and continue to make pretty good progress, but since I need 57 issues below #100, it likely will become slow going after a while.

Good luck with your hunt.

On 12/11/2019 at 6:11 AM, kaculler said:

I'm down to needing 149 issues from Series II, though I have one more issue that hasn't arrived.  Most of the ones I've picked up lately have been from eBay or Mycomicshop, though a few have been from shows.  I picked up a nice Snow White issue at a local show last month.  I've been collecting the series for a long time, but didn't get very serious about it until about 7 years ago.  I haven't been pursuing the first series and probably won't add it to my want list any time soon.  I have a friend who completed the second series a couple of years ago and only has a couple to go to complete the first series.

Getting most of yours through trades is a pretty good accomplishment.  I used to have tons of duplicates, but sold almost all of them to a friend of mine or else I'd offer to trade ones you need, if I had any.  I've been able to cross 23 issues off my list in the last couple of months and continue to make pretty good progress, but since I need 57 issues below #100, it likely will become slow going after a while.

Good luck with your hunt.

I have been paying special attention to the lower issues and will take lower grades than I would settle for to help.  While it is the weakest part of my collection I only need 20 more under 100

Here are the first few from my last trade with MYCOMICSHOP

I will try to find time to pull more books for them.  I have over 1/2 of the issues I am still missing in my cart

fc 1281 Chilly Willy.jpg

fc 1281 bc.jpg

fc 1227 Morgan the Pirate.jpg

fc 1227 bc.jpg

fc 896 Tinker Bell.jpg

fc 896 bc.jpg

On 12/7/2019 at 1:53 PM, jmg3637 said:

While the Angel and Charlie McCarthy filled holes,  they immediately went onto the UPGRADE list.  I did not even bother to re-bag or scan the back cover

That's funny: Four Color is the title I have the most "fillers" for as well. I've never been able to resist a beater example I didn't already own, something that is easy for me to do with other titles. They're in separate box, but they're still well-regarded.  :cloud9:

2 hours ago, jmg3637 said:

The Flash gordon seems to have a wierd printing defect

fc 173 Flash Gordon.jpgfc 173 bc.jpg

That's so cool. Looks like a sheet of paper got in the way of the cyan colour plate. Love how it shows front and back :headbang:

Now lets start getting to the cream of the crop for the recent trade with MCS.

I was very happy when they changed their policy a few years back and started allowing credit to be used for books worth more than $25

This one was an upgrade for my very low grade copy

FC 656 TUROK.jpg

FC 656 bc CGC 6.5.jpg