• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,793 posts in this topic

I finished adding all my missing Four Colors to my custom set. So here are a few more nice books. Let's start with Missing FC 1340, Beany and Cecil. Unfortunately this is not GCG graded but I'm afraid to resubmit to CGC,. You never know what might happen. This is the book that led to the discovery of the missing four colors. Original artwork with the scribble FC 1340  found on the actual artwork.

Missing 1340 Beany and Cecil A143.jpg

Missing 1340 Beany and Cecil B144.jpg

Edited by 4GEMWORKS

Lastly, while not technically right as far as time frame. Four Color had been the sole series for Movie Classics. This issue, David Ladd's Life Story would almost certainly have been a Four Color had the series gone another few months and may well be missing. I slotted it as missing FC 1362 in my custom set.

Missing 1362 David Ladd A147.jpg

Missing 1362 David Ladd B148.jpg

On 4/7/2020 at 12:03 AM, 4GEMWORKS said:

Lastly, while not technically right as far as time frame. Four Color had been the sole series for Movie Classics. This issue, David Ladd's Life Story would almost certainly have been a Four Color had the series gone another few months and may well be missing. I slotted it as missing FC 1362 in my custom set.

Thanks for posting all these!! I'm sure it was no small undertaking the time spent collecting all these scarce, high-grade examples. I tend to like the earlier line-drawn Four Colors with the usual syndicated characters, but I've always appreciated the TV and MTI higher numbers as great windows into American pop culture at the time. 

Do you collect any of the earlier issues with a similar zeal? hm

11 hours ago, PopKulture said:

Thanks for posting all these!! I'm sure it was no small undertaking the time spent collecting all these scarce, high-grade examples. I tend to like the earlier line-drawn Four Colors with the usual syndicated characters, but I've always appreciated the TV and MTI higher numbers as great windows into American pop culture at the time. 

Do you collect any of the earlier issues with a similar zeal? hm

My CGC graded Four Color collection is about 97-98% complete including almost all the issues through 100. Here is a link to the complete set: I have pictures front and back for virtually every issue as well if you go to the gallery.

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=8497

This is the link for series one (1-25)

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=57232

Lastly here is the link for the Four Color Donald Ducks only issues which is pretty cool as well.

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=9887&SelectedTab=SetListing

On 4/16/2020 at 11:51 AM, 4GEMWORKS said:

My CGC graded Four Color collection is about 97-98% complete including almost all the issues through 100. Here is a link to the complete set: I have pictures front and back for virtually every issue as well if you go to the gallery.

I'm really dumbfounded. Everything kicks off with a 9.2 Tracy s1 n1??  And then a 9.4 Don Winslow number 2? What a work of love and devotion - congrats!! :golfclap:

Edited by PopKulture

On 4/6/2020 at 9:54 PM, 4GEMWORKS said:

Here is another CGC labeling error. Missing Four Color 1329. There is nothing in the Indica other than the 8 digit code. Yet, CGC labeled it as FC 1329. You can find other census info with just the Gyro Gearloose title and matching numbers.

Missing 1329 Gyro Gearloose A139.jpg

Overstreet actually goes so far as to list this as possibly intended as 1329; I think it's the 01-329-207 that does it.

Hi all fellow Four Color collectors. I have been absent from these boards for a number of years as I took a hiatus from collecting as I put four kids through college and that took both a lot of my spare time and spare money. Our recent covid-19 sequestering has given me the impetus to get organized and start collecting them all over again. I have updated my registry set and sorted out all of my doubles. I currently have 70 raw issues and 180 CGC graded issues that are doubles that I am looking to swap with fellow collectors for my missing issues. Many of my cgc issue doubles are either tied for highest grade or second highest. If you have any higher grade issues that you would part with because condition is not one of your main criteria, I would love to chat and swap some books with you. I promise that you will come out on the better end of any swap that we do as for me it is more important to fill a hole than come out on top in the swap. I have been looking through the thread and thank you to all who have posted. Feel free to reach out. I look forward to hopefully hearing from some of you.   Thanks

On 4/16/2020 at 12:51 PM, 4GEMWORKS said:

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=8497

This is the link for series one (1-25)

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=57232

Lastly here is the link for the Four Color Donald Ducks only issues which is pretty cool as well.

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=9887&SelectedTab=SetListing

I looked over your registry set. I have two books you may care about.  89  CGC 9.0   and 618 CGC 8.5 File copy

Read FC 388 this week. Ran into the posted panels sequence and liked it a lot. I have been re-reading Usagi Yojimbo from the start this year and it reminded me of Sakai's story-telling. That story was quite fun.

1776738293_FC388.thumb.jpg.e2f5f377ba21f319862b3cb81d39e359.jpg

886895205_FC388-FaceOff.thumb.jpg.648291a311ddf912ca8ae27195a2122b.jpg

Edited by Scrooge

On 4/7/2020 at 12:54 AM, 4GEMWORKS said:

Here is another CGC labeling error. Missing Four Color 1329. There is nothing in the Indica other than the 8 digit code. Yet, CGC labeled it as FC 1329. You can find other census info with just the Gyro Gearloose title and matching numbers.

Missing 1329 Gyro Gearloose A139.jpg

Missing 1329 Gyro Gearloose B140.jpg

At one point, wasn't there also a Ben Casey that you thought might be missing FC 1329?

On 5/9/2020 at 6:24 PM, Bullet123 said:

Hi all fellow Four Color collectors. I have been absent from these boards for a number of years as I took a hiatus from collecting as I put four kids through college and that took both a lot of my spare time and spare money. Our recent covid-19 sequestering has given me the impetus to get organized and start collecting them all over again. I have updated my registry set and sorted out all of my doubles. I currently have 70 raw issues and 180 CGC graded issues that are doubles that I am looking to swap with fellow collectors for my missing issues. Many of my cgc issue doubles are either tied for highest grade or second highest. If you have any higher grade issues that you would part with because condition is not one of your main criteria, I would love to chat and swap some books with you. I promise that you will come out on the better end of any swap that we do as for me it is more important to fill a hole than come out on top in the swap. I have been looking through the thread and thank you to all who have posted. Feel free to reach out. I look forward to hopefully hearing from some of you.   Thanks

Welcome back!