• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,791 posts in this topic

Read 389 today. Andy Hardy is right in my wheelhouse. I love that kind of comedy (in comics or OTR) so I really enjoyed reading the issue. Love the pissed-off look on the swan on the back cover lol

916248166_FC389.thumb.jpg.55f7faca72ea0c8b69791d636659f9d0.jpg

1796883414_FC389-BC.thumb.jpg.07d6dadce80b96a260bd9a79576c7d7d.jpg

Even if the story follows this typical pattern:

It starts with some wolfing -

897692359_FC389-Growf.jpg.a38eb16fb11843019ed7b2bdb8ca601a.jpg

and ends with some ouching -

1321874400_FC389-Woof.thumb.jpg.c06bdc86ce8579fc7913b43874ce8f10.jpg

but it's still pleasant from start to finish!

4 hours ago, Scrooge said:

Read 389 today. Andy Hardy is right in my wheelhouse. I love that kind of comedy (in comics or OTR) so I really enjoyed reading the issue. Love the pissed-off look on the swan on the back cover lol

I always think of the Andy Rooney movies from the 40s so it's bit of a disconnect to see the look of the comicbook version.

2 hours ago, adamstrange said:
7 hours ago, Scrooge said:

I always think of the Andy Rooney movies from the 40s so it's bit of a disconnect to see the look of the comicbook version.

I was thinking the same thing. Must have been a permissions issue to make him so unlike Mickey Rooney. Probably had the rights to the name but not to Rooney's image. 

Read 390 today. I am still looking for a Woody Woodpecker comics that I enjoy :p I am easily satisfied in general but those Woody comics just leave me cold. The panel below with the buzzard is the highlight of the entire comic book … Random mentions of Pomona and Sheboygan in the text had a Jack Benny flavor but that's still slight. The story where Woody install his TV antenna and somehow captures the station's signal from 6 hours later in the day had potential but that's the only thing it had sadly.

786669616_FC390.thumb.jpg.1efe67ff950cd74013d87840b13414ca.jpg

The buzzard -

136255168_FC390-Buzzard.jpg.8e0e0d04d65c338db1718e3014db8633.jpg

6 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Aren't there some Woody's that involve adventures similar to the longer Duck tales or Bugs Bunny stories?

Maybe. If they exist, I have not sampled them. Honestly, when I see a Woody comics, I tend to skip it over so I might have overlooked one like that. I am also OK with low grade copies.

3 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

Maybe. If they exist, I have not sampled them. Honestly, when I see a Woody comics, I tend to skip it over so I might have overlooked one like that. I am also OK with low grade copies.

I have a vague memory of reading a couple as a kid involving Woody and his two nephews.  One was definitely a Big Little Book when the briefly revived them in the 70s but there may have been a comic story or two as well.

4 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

I have a vague memory of reading a couple as a kid involving Woody and his two nephews.  One was definitely a Big Little Book when the briefly revived them in the 70s but there may have been a comic story or two as well.

Maybe in the Giants?