• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,793 posts in this topic

# 407 - Bugs Bunny

Almost certainly my favorite punny title in the series.

856592306_FC407.thumb.jpg.2463d3277710b8d194fd3308e88ef2b1.jpg

Per GCD for the synopsis: "Porky and Bugs stow away in a camel's crate thinking they are going to the circus. Instead the camel is being returned to his home in the Sahara Desert. After a long trip in a ship's cargo hold, Porky and Bugs arrive in port where they are discovered and mistakenly sign-up for the Foreign Legion. After weeks as camel-tenders, Bugs and Porky slip away from a patrol and get lost in the desert. There they are captured by the bandit Ali Kazam and Bugs has to quick-talk his way out of the jam with the aid of some quick-growing carrots."

I'll skip the trip at sea and show the boys' indoctrination into the Legion ... with their boot camp lol - ze writer seemed to be having ze fun with zis story -

1500005823_FC407-BootCamp.thumb.jpg.d4abd4d7d6354ae931118c0407049e43.jpg

Our two knuckleheads wander away from the patrol and the sarge without one thought to the fact that they are actually lost. After hardships, they reached an oasis and from Charybdis to Scylla it becomes, with our intro to Ali Kazam -

1075880600_FC407-AliKazam.thumb.jpg.ad8507b5395777d69689d2b503a5487d.jpg

The second story I feel is really second fiddle to the first one but it does have a flying rabbit routine - [GCD Synopsis: "Porky buys a ferryboat and, due to a mix-up, receives a telegram from the Navy to take the boat to a naval training exercise. Bugs and Sylvester go along. When they get there, Bugs and Porky go aboard the commander's ship, where they find the Navy wants to use their boat for target practice. The Naval bombardment starts, but Sylvester is still aboard the ferry. Bugs has to ride a torpedo and guide it past the boat in order to save Sylvester."]

1717350070_FC407-BOOM.thumb.jpg.de6963d94c7c4955b2c40935b88b51fa.jpg

Edited by Scrooge