• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,793 posts in this topic

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 1:13 AM, jmg3637 said:

I don't think I ever remember another series that started in Four Color, Graduated into their own series, and then returned to the Four Color series.

After finishing the mostly High Grade additions from 4GEM. time for some much lower grade examples from Blissard.

fc%20210%20Tippie%20and%20Cap%20Stubbs_zps7ftgms7z.jpg

fc%20210%20bc_zpsj5rjqcpe.jpg

fc%20174%20Winnie%20Winkle_zpsbq1i9mcz.jpg

fc%20174%20bc_zpsrgxphkp8.jpg

fc%20184%20Tillie%20the%20Toiler_zpsfngscq64.jpg

fc%20184%20bc_zpsmjimxyes.jpg

Little Orphan Annie went from Four Color to Regular Series and returned to Four Color.

10 hours ago, jmg3637 said:

Yes  it is nice to see the earliest of the Four Colors.  the First series and  first 50 of the 2nd series are the weakest sections of my collection

Nicer still to have been able to have scored these in a trade with MyComicShop.com  I was very glad when they removed the $ cap on items you build up trade for.  As I recall years ago they would not let you trade for any item with a value of more than $25.

While I have not been a fan of the new board as I find it much harder to navigate it is much easier to be able to upload images directly from a source without going through the process of having them hosted at sites like photobucket.  Trying to post a few more that I uploaded to the bucket last year.  BTW is there anyway to preview the post prior to submitting?  OK so far it did not work and says I have to update account yo enable 3rd party hosting.  Is that my CGC account  or PhotoBucket account?

These were from a trade with 4GEM  for some of his undercopies.

fc%20341%20UnBirthday%20Party_zpskcvjkzt

fc%20341%20bc_zpsslgvoneo.jpg

fc%20554%20Rusty%20Riley_zpsuocxtbz0.jpg

fc%20554%20bc_zpsg7q7ssnn.jpg

fc%20551%20Bozo_zpsqxixi9b8.jpg

fc%20551%20bc_zps6su7ruh2.jpg

Screwed by Photophuckit like me. Sorry, really sucks...

Wow..Photobucket...39.99 a month. I have not the foggiest idea how they believe they add any where near that kind of value. I'm guessing they are on the precipice of survival...There go my pictures.

Frankly I would have balked at 4.99 a month. Maybe 1.99 a month?

Edited by 4GEMWORKS
added comment

15 minutes ago, 4GEMWORKS said:

Wow..Photobucket...39.99 a month. I have not the foggiest idea how they believe they add any where near that kind of value. I'm guessing they are on the precipice of survival...There go my pictures.

The desperate throes of extortion.  :censored:

12 hours ago, 4GEMWORKS said:

Frankly I would have balked at 4.99 a month. Maybe 1.99 a month?

I just looked it up and I've been paying $29.99 per year (unless they raised it since I signed up in 2015).  So, something like $2.50 per month.  That is enough to grandfather me in to posting to third-party sites until December 31, 2018 ... unless they change their policy again. 

I am sorta crushed that much of my contribution to the board over the last 15 years are lost due to the actions of PB.  Really will be a loss to the boards when the  images in the postings of 4GEM and Robot Man  among others disappear into the either.

Sure, many of the images can be reposted  but the  threads loose much of their History.

Can you imagine the loss if BangZooms images are PBd out?

fc 609 Littlest Outlaw.jpg

fc 571 bc.jpg

fc 571 Charlie McCarthy.jpg

fc 609 bc.jpg

18 hours ago, jmg3637 said:

I am sorta crushed that much of my contribution to the board over the last 15 years are lost due to the actions of PB.  Really will be a loss to the boards when the  images in the postings of 4GEM and Robot Man  among others disappear into the either.

Sure, many of the images can be reposted  but the  threads loose much of their History.

Can you imagine the loss if BangZooms images are PBd out?

fc 609 Littlest Outlaw.jpg

fc 571 bc.jpg

fc 571 Charlie McCarthy.jpg

fc 609 bc.jpg

Yes, I was just going through the crime comics thread and a bunch of posts have been wiped out there.  Unfortunately, given the popularity of PB, most threads are likely to suffer. 

I had been trying to systematically  chronical  the progress on my quest to trade for a copy of each Four COlor  comic with a image  of the book and a thank you in this thread.

Sadly all of the images posted prior to last week are  lost with their associated partner.

Guess I will have to attempt to carry forward  with books I believe I have not yet posted.

These are more books I got from 4GEM last year

fc 516 bc.jpg

fc 516 Goober.jpg

fc 541 bc.jpg

fc 541 JMB.jpg

fc 515 bc.jpg

fc 515 Andy Hardy.jpg

fc 471 Goober.jpg

fc 471 bc.jpg

While I am lamenting the lost images from the past,  the new board sure makes it easier to post  straight from the source.  I am sure eventually I will learn how to post an picture from my phone directly on the board as well.

Until then  I still have many more scans ready and here are a few more from 4GEM5976c0f078ecb_fc436bc.jpg.5d17c745b16edc5c2d33a739e79eda84.jpg

fc 436 Brownies.jpg

fc 341 bc.jpg

fc 341 UnBirthday Party .jpg

fc 091 bc.jpg

fc 091 Santa Claus.jpg

fc 128 bc.jpg

fc 128 Santa Claus.jpg

here are a few more than I got from 4GEM last year

When I grab a bunch  they do not end up in the order I want.  Is there any way to move the order, or do I have to upload them one at a time?

fc 756 bc.jpg

fc 756 Santa Claus .jpg

fc 637 bc.jpg

fc 637 Silvertip.jpg

fc 612 bc.jpg

fc 612 Little Beaver.jpg

fc 472 bc.jpg

fc 472 Wild Bill Elliott.jpg

12 hours ago, woowoo said:

I posted this last year but my buddy Sqeggs looks bored :roflmao:

D-Duck-9- Pirate Gold-1.jpg

D-Duck-9- Pirate Gold-1 BC.jpg

D-Duck-9- Pirate Gold-1Letter.jpg

I remember you posting this.  What's the backstory again?  Did you buy it and find the note inside? hm

32 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I remember you posting this.  What's the backstory again?  Did you buy it and find the note inside? hm

No I bought it and the note was in the box. I think people would have bid more if she would have put the note in the auction.

1 hour ago, woowoo said:

No I bought it and the note was in the box. I think people would have bid more if she would have put the note in the auction.

That's a great note to go along with the book. Lucky for you it wasn't in the auction listing.

(I also just checked Wik and it looks like Clara was Carl's 2nd wife though.)

Very cool to have a Four Color #9 that came from Carl Barks (via a North Dakota piano bench).