• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,793 posts in this topic

Just saw this thread...I've got one to add that's not been shown yet.

FC Series II - #37 - Bringing up Father.

1574186-fc37.JPG

I'll post some more later when I pull some out of the boxes.

1574186-fc37.JPG.85c2151ac739fc3ef1737ed58e800b04.JPG

Edited by blutobc

Just saw this thread...I've got one to add that's not been shown yet.

FC Series II - #37 - Bringing up Father.

1574186-fc37.JPG

I'll post some more later when I pull some out of the boxes.

What a fun book, slowly but surely, we'll get every issue posted here....even the mundane.

What a fun book, slowly but surely, we'll get every issue posted here....even the mundane.

Mundane? Bite your tongue, man! This is Four Color! Ev'ry Will-Yum and Mortie Meekle is precious!

Jack

Mundane? Bite your tongue, man! This is Four Color! Ev'ry Will-Yum and Mortie Meekle is precious!

Jack

I wasn't specifically calling this or any book yet posted as mundane, but I know there are some out there.... sumo.gif

I've wanted to read some Harold Teen ever since I learned that a lot of enduring slang (Yowsah, pantywaist, hubba-hubba) was originated or popularized in the strip.

Do you know of any reprints?

I'm jealous of your FC 2! Very nice.

Jack

(hep -- or is that "needs hep"?)

Mundane, surley not wink.gif

Here's issue 2

2.jpg

Jack

I wasn't specifically calling this or any book yet posted as mundane, but I know there are some out there.... sumo.gif

Possibly some of them found their way to the back of the short bus -- Jacky and his pal Hubert for example

Jack

Aside from the Dell comics, the big little book, and the cupples and leon book I don't know of any other. Harold was a backup in Popular comics, but I don't know which issues. If you just want to read, there are some tabs on e-bay

Harold

Good suggestion, although I'm not sure I want to get into collecting another form of old newsprint!

Thanks,

Jack

hi.gif Collin

I have only made it to the 3rd page of this thread. My computer is so slow.

I used to have a substantial FC collection. I stated in another thread a while back,

that it consisted of over 200 books. I just went back to my records, and it was actually nearly 400 books.

Nothing was less than VG and I had several NM or better copies. I wish I could have

held on to them. One thing, that I enjoyed most about FC comics, was the wide variety of characters. I wish I still had scans of some of my better copies, but they are

all gone but one, which isn't a very good scan. I'm sorry if this one has already been posted.

FC #178 First app. of Uncle Scrooge About 8.0 White pages

donaldfront.jpg

Would this be the first Barks book, or just the first FC barks book?

I always understood that it was Bark's first Duck work in comics, though he apparently contributed to some animated Disney shorts before that.

I always understood that it was Bark's first Duck work in comics, though he apparently contributed to some animated Disney shorts before that.

I sold my Barks books about 3 months before they started to skyrocket in price. crazy.gif

I sold my Barks books about 3 months before they started to skyrocket in price. crazy.gif

That sucks. frown.gif I don't have any either, just one of the Another Rainbow sets and a bunch of the Gladstone color reprints (which are fantastic).