• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC 100 pagers
3 3

1,414 posts in this topic

I found this one...but there is a 9.8 out there somewhere:

DC16.jpg

dc16ld8.jpg

Dunno who has the other. When I won this book from Bobcat back in the day, I didn't expect him to list another one a few months later. The other guy paid $100 less. I recall my copy being slightly better centered though. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

did you buy it slabbed?

DC16.jpg

dc16ld8.jpg

Dunno who has the other. When I won this book from Bobcat back in the day, I didn't expect him to list another one a few months later. The other guy paid $100 less. I recall my copy being slightly better centered though. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

did you buy it slabbed?

Yes

did you buy it slabbed?

Yes

wow. at what grade was it sold to you?

If he bought it slabbed at 9.6, my guess would be 9.6. tongue.gif

oh sheit! my fault. guess i was just hoping he bought it raw. foreheadslap.gif

p.s. think my books will make it by christmas?

Greg,

Bobcat cloud9.gif

Have you made any progress in your 100 pager set this year? Looks like maybe a few upgrades...which ones are you needing? Your quest almost seems as endless as mine.

Sterling

I just sent in another batch of books to CGC. I expect 6 upgrades gossip.gif

DC16.jpg

dc16ld8.jpg

dagnabit, is that a paratrooper on that cover? argh, another book to add to my list...

1st question: Haven't really counted how many...every day find something new, like the one above (which greggy is giving me a copy free). I have a spreadsheet that tracks them, maybe I'll count later.

2nd question: Why I collect them, I've collected comics since I was 6 (I'm 29 now) and my collection grew too large. Had to focus my collecting habits. My last tour in the military was in the 82nd Airborne Division....thought it'd be nostalgic to collect trooper books.

My very first book was actually a Fantastic Four #295, I still have that. But since everyone and their mother are collecting Marvel FF/Spidey/Hulk etc. I thought I'd try something different. Plus I can directly relate to the Paratrooper/War books that I am buying. The stories are sometimes telling stories of the times in which they were printed. Not only that, I don't think these GA/SA war books get the attention that they deserve. Everyone is collecting the superhero books, but pay no attention to these obscure non-key books. I've been drinking too much beer again, I'll answer these questions in my thread when I'm more clear headed.