• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC 100 pagers
3 3

1,414 posts in this topic

So I was looking at Greggy's registry for DC 100 pagers, and I am wondering how CGC arrives at the scores for each book

Taking into consideration scarcity, grade, and value (which is how I assume they do it), I think they are off on some books.

Can anyone else shed some light on this? confused-smiley-013.gif

Yep and its something that has to be fixed. Some of my scores are screwy.gif My X-Men 74 9.8 should be a couple of thousand points due to cost and scarcity in condition but intead I get 680 foreheadslap.gif

Funny you mentioned that. I told them that the Points Correction process is BROKE. See the link above...they are going to fix that too.

Feel lucky you got 680...how about getting 120 points for a htf HOM book? I laughed when I saw the points on it. Get this...the only 9.9 to date in HOM gets a whopping 240 points. 27_laughing.gif

The real thing that needs to be fixed is real errors in points. Go check out how many points a HOM 250 brings up relative to surrounding issues. And no, it isn't worth more..it's got to be an error.

I think the reasoning though is valid...they are using some form of baseline computation that perhaps doesn't factor in some variables...what if the book is hot one year and not the next? Again points shouldn't be construed as the same as dollars, although invariably that's what everyone is doing.

Funny you mentioned that. I told them that the Points Correction process is BROKE. See the link above...they are going to fix that too.

Feel lucky you got 680...how about getting 120 points for a htf HOM book? I laughed when I saw the points on it. Get this...the only 9.9 to date in HOM gets a whopping 240 points. 27_laughing.gif

Damn

Yes some of the uber high grade scores are screwy.gif Steve Nelson has a X-Men 113 in 9.9 and he gets 500 points 27_laughing.gifforeheadslap.gif

So I was looking at Greggy's registry for DC 100 pagers, and I am wondering how CGC arrives at the scores for each book

Taking into consideration scarcity, grade, and value (which is how I assume they do it), I think they are off on some books.

Can anyone else shed some light on this? confused-smiley-013.gif

Especially interesting is the 1,180 points for his Adventure 416, and comparing it to his other books and other DC 100 page registry entries.