• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC 100 pagers
3 3

1,414 posts in this topic

DC6.jpg

(worship)

You just reminded me that this is the absolute last book I need to complete my Neal Adams Batman collection. :P

Curious how you define this. Covers? Interiors? Licensed appearances (e.g., Power Record Comics)? Unlicensed (e.g., Neal Adams doing Batman for fanzines, magazines, etc...)?

Excuse me if it's been covered earlier, but how many DC 100 pagers were there, and if someone has the data, how did it break down by genre? I have fond memories of buying these in the early 70s, especially the ones with GA reprints. I don't collect them now, but still think of them as one of the high points of the Bronze Age.

Excuse me if it's been covered earlier, but how many DC 100 pagers were there, and if someone has the data, how did it break down by genre? I have fond memories of buying these in the early 70s, especially the ones with GA reprints. I don't collect them now, but still think of them as one of the high points of the Bronze Age.

http://www.metropolisplus.com/dc100page/

Or if you want to go directly to the checklist:

http://www.metropolisplus.com/dc100page/The%20Whole%20Enchilada!.htm

So I finally had some spare time to flip through a few collections that I acquired over the last year in more detail, and came across this gem I had completely forgotten about...

5bf16623-37b4-42d4-9bfe-6b2921dfa3d5_zpsjcdt8vsv.jpg

5d209f20-6c1c-4b86-8242-d1adcf597f0d_zpsavbbgc2c.jpg

With female super-heroes all the rage right now, this one was a blast to thumb through and read! And I love those vintage costumes.

The bonus surprise for me was reading the Merry, Girl of 1,000 Gimmicks story. My son loves the Batman Brave and the Bold comics from the cartoon of the same name. His favorite story involves what happens during a regular week of Batman's life, where he teams up with a different hero each day. One of the days, he teams up with Merry. I had always assumed that she was a one-off Batman character from the silver age, but it turns out she was the Star-Spangled Kid's adopted kid sister, dating back to 1949!

That's the great thing about comics, as soon as you think you know it all, it turns out there's something new to discover.

So I finally had some spare time to flip through a few collections that I acquired over the last year in more detail, and came across this gem I had completely forgotten about...

5bf16623-37b4-42d4-9bfe-6b2921dfa3d5_zpsjcdt8vsv.jpg

5d209f20-6c1c-4b86-8242-d1adcf597f0d_zpsavbbgc2c.jpg

With female super-heroes all the rage right now, this one was a blast to thumb through and read! And I love those vintage costumes.

The bonus surprise for me was reading the Merry, Girl of 1,000 Gimmicks story. My son loves the Batman Brave and the Bold comics from the cartoon of the same name. His favorite story involves what happens during a regular week of Batman's life, where he teams up with a different hero each day. One of the days, he teams up with Merry. I had always assumed that she was a one-off Batman character from the silver age, but it turns out she was the Star-Spangled Kid's adopted kid sister, dating back to 1949!

That's the great thing about comics, as soon as you think you know it all, it turns out there's something new to discover.

TERRIFIC! :applause::applause::applause:

mm