• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC 100 pagers
3 3

1,414 posts in this topic

I am trying to decide how best to sell off the 112 copies listed in the posts above. I also have multiple copies of some of these issues. Total number of 100 page books to sell = about 200.

Individually? As a group? On the boards?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

31 minutes ago, icefires said:

I am trying to decide how best to sell off the 112 copies listed in the posts above. I also have multiple copies of some of these issues. Total number of 100 page books to sell = about 200.

Individually? As a group? On the boards?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I'd sell them individually on the boards for starters. You've already got the scans and some of these books individually sell briskly. Titles like Tarzan, Shazam, B&B and WF can be slow-movers, but just price them right and you should still move them without a problem. 100-pagers on eBay get decent attention in auctions as well, so you probably won't lose your shirt there (plus, you don't have to grade them, just call them "NM" like everything else on there), but I usually default to supporting our little community first, especially since 100-pagers have a bit of a cult following here and there's fewer nuts than eBay. I know I'd be interested in some of the Romance and Horror, as well as the couple of 'Tecs I need for my run.

1 hour ago, Martin Sinescu said:

I'd sell them individually on the boards for starters. You've already got the scans and some of these books individually sell briskly. Titles like Tarzan, Shazam, B&B and WF can be slow-movers, but just price them right and you should still move them without a problem. 100-pagers on eBay get decent attention in auctions as well, so you probably won't lose your shirt there (plus, you don't have to grade them, just call them "NM" like everything else on there), but I usually default to supporting our little community first, especially since 100-pagers have a bit of a cult following here and there's fewer nuts than eBay. I know I'd be interested in some of the Romance and Horror, as well as the couple of 'Tecs I need for my run.

Thanks!

I've made it clear a few times that I have no confidence in my grading.

But these scans are fairly high resolution, and some of the books look really good to me.

I have been accumulating these since the mid 90's. At first I was just trying to get all the books in a decent grade. Then I started buying books on Ebay listed as "near mint" while looking at the mostly crappy scans. Some of these panned out, and a few books I submitted came back as high as 9.6. I knew nothing about pressing then, but now looking at my raws, there are quite a few that could be improved with a press.

Then I became interested in the registry. My registry is pretty good, but I want to improve it. There may be a few books that I will want to submit to CGC. However, for some of my best books, I already have a graded 9.6 of that book.

At the end of the day, I only want to keep my registry books - I've already sold most of my CGC undercopies here on the boards. 

Edited by icefires
revised

Probably going to ask $1000 for these books plus enough lesser 100 pagers to equal 200 books. 

May remove a couple romance, but will leave DC-5 in there (more than $100 by itself). 

Is that too much?

The 112 scanned are not low grade books.

Some of the ones not posted are pretty close.

I'm thinking a dealer could make good money here.

But what do i know?

Edited by icefires
r