• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Response
9 9

353 posts in this topic

post it, post it post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Never gonna happen. Its the holy grail of Comicdom for several reasons, not the least of which is the fact that only a select few have ever seen it. Don't expect that to change anytime soon.

Would anyone pay for the opportunity to see it? You know, sort of like they're doing for the King Tut exhibit? It could be a travelling show and you'd pay $5 to see it, $25 to have your picture taken next to it, $100 to have tea and crumpets in the general vicinty, $1,000 to have a drink next to it while conversing with Mr. Anderson, and maybe $5,000 to actually hold it. Well, it would only be to hold the apparatus that is securing the holder of the comic. But you get the idea.

Would anyone pay for the opportunity to see it? You know, sort of like they're doing for the King Tut exhibit? It could be a travelling show and you'd pay $5 to see it, $25 to have your picture taken next to it, $100 to have tea and crumpets in the general vicinty, $1,000 to have a drink next to it while conversing with Mr. Anderson, and maybe $5,000 to actually hold it. Well, it would only be to hold the apparatus that is securing the holder of the comic. But you get the idea.

And a souvenir shop... with T-shirts? blush.gif

0822s.jpg

I have seen Dave Anderson's Action #1 and it is UNRESTORED. Certain comments to the contrary are false.

Stephen Fishler

Steve, I'm curious, does it have the Mile High code written on the cover ?

It has "Church" written on the cover. Very small. Beautiful book cloud9.gif

I have seen Dave Anderson's Action #1 and it is UNRESTORED. Certain comments to the contrary are false.

Stephen Fishler

Steve, I'm curious, does it have the Mile High code written on the cover ?

It has "Church" written on the cover. Very small. Beautiful book cloud9.gif

great, thanks for the info thumbsup2.gif

Dave,

I have no dog in this fight so to speak. However, I'd like to point out something about the All-American #16. Although Steve's asking price may be outrageous, it is better than a VG. I graded it a solid 5.5 when I last viewed the book. 5.0 would be the strictest you could ever grade that copy.

The subscription crease is very light and not noticeable unless held up to the light at an angle.

I have also heard about other negative transactions that some have had with you regarding books that were obviously restored and not disclosed. I don't know of you except from hearing about these transactions and the incredible collection that you've amassed over the years. And I have no idea if that information is accurate since I have no first hand dealings with you. I hope it's NOT true as it's just another bad mark on the hobby.

Brent Moeshlin

Quality Comix

I don't think we'll ever know since there will be no debate on this according to his statement. That's his right, these boards can be brutal. But after getting an undisclosed brittle book from him I tend to lean towards Steve's version of things. I'm also of the mind though that this thread will not resolve anything and most likely be counterproductive and that's my final word on the subject.

And a souvenir shop... with T-shirts? blush.gif

0822s.jpg

27_laughing.gif

Maybe the t-shirt can simply say, "I touched it".

ughhh try some paragraph breaks

hail.gif

I'll never complain about greggy or the Brain posting too many graemlins again!

What did he say?

Something about restro on GA comics?