• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Response
9 9

353 posts in this topic

Would anyone pay for the opportunity to see it? You know, sort of like they're doing for the King Tut exhibit? It could be a travelling show and you'd pay $5 to see it, $25 to have your picture taken next to it, $100 to have tea and crumpets in the general vicinty, $1,000 to have a drink next to it while conversing with Mr. Anderson, and maybe $5,000 to actually hold it. Well, it would only be to hold the apparatus that is securing the holder of the comic. But you get the idea.

And a souvenir shop... with T-shirts? blush.gif

0822s.jpg

Hey FFB, do you have one of these shirts? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

Mr. Anderson;

i'd get thyself over to the GA forum as soon as possible, rather than ride off into the sunset. lots more stuff right up your alley in there, including a lot of great images of hard to find books in amazing condition.

FYI.

hi.gif

I must say that I have been hurt and disappointed by Steve Carey as of late. I look at Dave Anderson’s recent experience with Mr. Carey and I can say that it feels quite familiar.

Mr. Carey spends a great deal of time talking about honestly and disclosure. I am getting the feeling that it is only that. Talk.

Last month Mr. Carey offered me the same All-American #16 that he had bought 6 months ago from Marnin. A book that he had bought for a little over $30,000 was now being offered to me for $60,000. He mentioned that the main defect was a very minor subscription crease that did not break color. When I finally viewed a scan of the book, I quickly realized that his representation of the book was false. The sub crease did break color as evidenced by the white line at the center of the cover. I felt I was being mislead in order to enter into a $60,000 transaction. Mr. Carey talks about full disclosure, but I guess when the price gets up to $60,000, that seems to get thrown out the window.

Shortly before that Mr. Carey spent a great deal of time trying to get me to purchase his Amazing Man #6 Mile High for $20,000. He graded the book at NM- “and certainly better than a VF/NM” After carefully looking at the scan, I noticed it had what appeared to be a 4” crease on the cover. I asked Mr. Carey about it and he finally relented and admitted that it was “only an indentation”. I wish he had disclosed this defect earlier as it would have saved me a great deal of time and effort.

Stephen

Welcome to the Boards thumbsup2.gif

....he did say that was his one and only post. hi.gif

"... relating to this. "

poke2.gif

So you think he'll be back to, like, talk 100-Pagers with Greggy? screwy.gif

I think it would be great to have folks like Dave join the boards and participate in some of the threads, but what both threads have amounted to is a large game of He Said, She Said between a couple of folks who have books that I will likely never afford nor see in all my time collecting. We went from commentary about the Action #1 and its condition to Steve's All American #16 and whether that subscription crease is color breaking or not. Frankly, all of these arguments are moot. Unless someone is willing to post scans of either book, nothing is settled, and the argument is just not worth the bandwidth.

I think we should not throw peoples names out there in public to trash them.

If you dudes have a problem with one another take it to PM's please.

IT'S FRICKIN' CHRISTMAS FOR GODS SAKE!!!!

Sez the guy with the Yiddish sig. wink.gif