• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Response
9 9

353 posts in this topic

I read the comments about Dave Anderson and Metropolis and found them highly inappropriate. It is unfortunate since sacentaur has made many great contributions to the Gold board his scans have been some of the best ever posted here.

Nothing that was said told me anything about either seller. I have very positive experiences dealing with Metropolis, period. Recently, I bought my first book from Anderson: the nicest copy of Firestone '43 I've ever seen (it truely was better than I expected from the description).

The only thing I took from the posts is that sacentaur lacks experience posting on a message board, in particular the GA board which is usually a pretty friendly place. I suspect the silence from many of the board members whom I respect the most speaks to the same. At least as far as I am concerned, Dave's reply was completely unnecessary.

I usually never respond to these negative threads, but I wanted to say welcome to Dave. Hopefully you'll consider sticking around in the Gold forum from time to time. There are a lot of nice, smart, and knowledgeable collectors here who would very(!) sincerely appreciate hearing from you.

Sadly, I am 98% sure that you'll stay away. I would do the same in your position.

I read the comments about Dave Anderson and Metropolis and found them highly inappropriate. It is unfortunate since sacentaur has made many great contributions to the Gold board his scans have been some of the best ever posted here.

Nothing that was said told me anything about either seller. I have very positive experiences dealing with Metropolis, period. Recently, I bought my first book from Anderson: the nicest copy of Firestone '43 I've ever seen (it truely was better than I expected from the description).

The only thing I took from the posts is that sacentaur lacks experience posting on a message board, in particular the GA board which is usually a pretty friendly place. I suspect the silence from many of the board members whom I respect the most speaks to the same. At least as far as I am concerned, Dave's reply was completely unnecessary.

I usually never respond to these negative threads, but I wanted to say welcome to Dave. Hopefully you'll consider sticking around in the Gold forum from time to time. There are a lot of nice, smart, and knowledgeable collectors here who would very(!) sincerely appreciate hearing from you.

Sadly, I am 98% sure that you'll stay away. I would do the same in your position.

My posting was not done lightly. I have sat by and watched Mr. Carey, a comic dealer, bad mouth numerous individuals, including myself, over and over again.

S

Edited by metropolisent

On a different topic, I received an email from Brad Savage (Krazy Kat). It seems that he feels that owning original art is much better than owning comic books. Was anyone else aware that he felt like that? I am kind of stunned.

Since Dave Anderson came on to express his opinions, let see if we can get Brad to do the same.

S

sign-funnypost.gifsmirk.gif

Neither did I. I am not talking about the tit for tat that some are doing above regarding specific transactions. This is an issue between Dave and Steve, which has been publicized, and thats fine. That was their choice.

But give me a break, look at some of the comments that were made. Why in the world would Dave ever come back here? I wouldn't. Hopefully he will go to the GA Forum so adult conversation can occur regarding his collection and experiences.

Heh. insane.gif he said "tit" heh.. insane.gif

Sorry I couldn't resist shy.gif

Ok, that was funny. 27_laughing.gif893naughty-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

Mark.....in case you haven't noticed....the childish behavior and name calling you mentioned is going on between the major collectors and the dealers.

sign-funnypost.gif

I didn't read any name calling?

Neither did I. I am not talking about the tit for tat that some are doing above regarding specific transactions. This is an issue between Dave and Steve, which has been publicized, and thats fine. That was their choice.

But give me a break, look at some of the comments that were made. Why in the world would Dave ever come back here? I wouldn't. Hopefully he will go to the GA Forum so adult conversation can occur regarding his collection and experiences.

Speaking of Mark Zaid, I have heard that he is only an actual lawyer in the loosest sense of the word. In contrast to say, my cat, he would definitely be considered a lawyer. However, in my book, buying a law degree on Craig's list does not count.

I am not here to slam Mr. Zaid. I just think we should talk about him in a pejorative sense.

S

I know where you live. 893naughty-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

Mark.....in case you haven't noticed....the childish behavior and name calling you mentioned is going on between the major collectors and the dealers.

sign-funnypost.gif

Speaking of Mark Zaid, I have heard that he is only an actual lawyer in the loosest sense of the word. In contrast to say, my cat, he would definitely be considered a lawyer. However, in my book, buying a law degree on Craig's list does not count.

I am not here to slam Mr. Zaid. I just think we should talk about him in a pejorative sense.

S

I know where you live. 893naughty-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

Great. Can you let me know? I have been walking around at night looking for my house.

sign-funnypost.gif

Buh-bye.... hi.gif

...Mr. Anderson....

I've never seen anyone addressed with such formality as in this thread.

I guess if you own the Church Action 1 people call you "Mr."

confused-smiley-013.gif

You sound like an Anti-Dentite.... mad.gif

:::forgot these guys::: poke2.gif

Edited by ArAich

i dunno, i guess i consider it more polite to refer to someone as "Mr. blank" when i don't know the man.

having the action 1 has zero to do with it. but i'm only speaking for me, i suspect mica was being faecetious

Basically there are always two sides to every story and dont be hasty to judge someone until you hear his side 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nik - these are excellent words to live by................i actually think that the forum, in general, did a pretty good job of not jumping to any conclusions. a couple of folks with specific dealings aired their grievances, but no Mob was formed...... thumbsup2.gif

now to wade through the next 120+ postings in this thread - should be interesting.................. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

oh, and for the record, let me jump on the bandwagon as one who would love to see a scan of the Action #1 - and i don't care if anythings been done to it or not............ sumo.gif

and thanks to Dave for coming on and presenting his side of the story................

actually, amusingly, as a dentist, should you all not be referring to him as 'Dr.'?

I reserve that title for podiatrists and chiropractors....

Chris