• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Response
9 9

353 posts in this topic

Steve's a hockey fan. That's all I need to know about the man's character.

:hi:

ps: Yeah, this was one of the best reads. Reminds me just how long some of these people have had relationships in this little game, good or bad. FWIW, Steve was the first person who reached out to me when I joined these boards, nobody knew me and nobody liked me. Now, many years later when not many people know me and everybody still hates me, I consider sacentaur a friend. :banana:

I consider sacentaur a friend. :banana:

:hi:

What's interesting looking back on that Adventure 60, I was unaware at the time of some of the treatments and manipulations (e.g., Wonder bread for cleaning) that can be done to a comic.

So my instincts were right - I am so glad I didn't purchase that book, especially once the "before" and "after" pictures were posted.

doh!

post it, post it post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Never gonna happen. Its the holy grail of Comicdom for several reasons, not the least of which is the fact that only a select few have ever seen it. Don't expect that to change anytime soon.

And too many eye's on a book can cause color fading.

Mark.....in case you haven't noticed....the childish behavior and name calling you mentioned is going on between the major collectors and the dealers.

The label of dealer and collector are remnants of the past. We just a bunch of people buying and selling comic books.

S

Funny how when giant sums of money come into the equasion how the fun quickly goes out of it.

Try play nice fellas and set an example for us little people.

and magic markers...

with some shoe polish for the blacks.

those were the only art supplies Kane had lying around the house.

...... OOOOH, OOOOH, AND some Lemon Pledge make 'em shiney again :whee: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Mark.....in case you haven't noticed....the childish behavior and name calling you mentioned is going on between the major collectors and the dealers.

The label of dealer and collector are remnants of the past. We just a bunch of people buying and selling comic books.

S

Funny how when giant sums of money come into the equasion how the fun quickly goes out of it.

Amen, brother/sister.

S

Amen, brother/sister.

Bob, not Bobbie :eyeroll:

After reading through several pages of various Dave Anderson threads, I still haven't gotten an answer to the one thing I really want to know:

What happened to the Hawkeyes that he supposedly marked up to look like Mile Highs?

Did Geppi destroy them in order to get rid of the evidence?

Hawkeyes are nice books themselves; the idea of them being defaced irritates me, but the idea that they could have been intentionally destroyed infuriates me.

1 minute ago, Crops068 said:

This is about an close to threadsurrection as exhuming JD's grave.....

https://www.wbaa.org/post/john-dillingers-grave-be-exhumed#stream/0

Their not sure when? I know what I want and I want it now, cause I'm mister....... lol but the History channel though :o 

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Their not sure when? I know what I want and I want it now, cause I'm mister....... lol but the History channel though :o 

Oh they know when, they don't want no lookie lou's!