• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Nick Cage comic theft

139 posts in this topic

As an addendum to this thread, Cage is on Leno tonight and Leno brought up comics. Leno remembered visiting him at his home and seeing a Superman #1 (probably meant Action #1) in a frame. Leno made a joke that he couldn't get it down to look at it because it was screwed into the wall. Cage said that somebody else did and that after that he sold his collection. But he kept his Ghost Rider comics.

As an addendum to this thread, Cage is on Leno tonight and Leno brought up comics. Leno remembered visiting him at his home and seeing a Superman #1 (probably meant Action #1) in a frame. Leno made a joke that he couldn't get it down to look at it because it was screwed into the wall. Cage said that somebody else did and that after that he sold his collection.

How about that! Cage was confirming on national TV something we comic geeks heard here first. It'd be cool if someone could tell him he and his collection are discussed on this board all the time.

But he kept his Ghost Rider comics.

Su-u-re he did. If he had been selected to play Daredevil, how much do you want to bet he'd be saying he kept all his DDs? yeahok.gif

As an addendum to this thread, Cage is on Leno tonight and Leno brought up comics. Leno remembered visiting him at his home and seeing a Superman #1 (probably meant Action #1) in a frame. Leno made a joke that he couldn't get it down to look at it because it was screwed into the wall. Cage said that somebody else did and that after that he sold his collection. But he kept his Ghost Rider comics.

Wow, that could have been awkward.

You mean he kept my Ghost Rider comics.

I had a deal with him years ago. He was being offered the role of Ghost Rider and as a consequence, wanted me to sell him the cover art to Ghost Rider #1. I told him that I do not sell art but would sell it to him if he took the role and if the movie grossed over 100 million dollars.

Boy, I really hope he has forgotten that conversation.

S

I had a deal with him years ago. He was being offered the role of Ghost Rider and as a consequence, wanted me to sell him the cover art to Ghost Rider #1. I told him that I do not sell art but would sell it to him if he took the role and if the movie grossed over 100 million dollars.

S

I'll be shocked if the movie makes it to $100 Mil domestic...

Jim

S

As lame as the trailer has looked, you might be safe with the $100 million dollar gross stipulation. On the other hand, probably not. $100 million gross for a movie is like the 1,000 yard rushing mark for a running back in the NFL....an old standard of excellence that has little meaning anymore.

S

I'll be shocked if the movie makes it to $100 Mil domestic...

Jim

You really think so 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What do you guys think that the theft was orchestrated by a private collector....who wanted the three books just for himself....no resale to be involved...I know this has happened in several other collectible markets (particularly fine art). Granted there are probably several other people involved (the actual crew hired, if this is how it went down)...any thoughts???

What do you guys think that the theft was orchestrated by a private collector....who wanted the three books just for himself....no resale to be involved...I know this has happened in several other collectible markets (particularly fine art). Granted there are probably several other people involved (the actual crew hired, if this is how it went down)...any thoughts???

Insurance money.

As an addendum to this thread, Cage is on Leno tonight and Leno brought up comics. Leno remembered visiting him at his home and seeing a Superman #1 (probably meant Action #1) in a frame. Leno made a joke that he couldn't get it down to look at it because it was screwed into the wall. Cage said that somebody else did and that after that he sold his collection.

How about that! Cage was confirming on national TV something we comic geeks heard here first. It'd be cool if someone could tell him he and his collection are discussed on this board all the time.

But he kept his Ghost Rider comics.

Su-u-re he did. If he had been selected to play Daredevil, how much do you want to bet he'd be saying he kept all his DDs? yeahok.gif

Who peed in your Cheerios? poke2.gif

I think Ghost Rider cracks 100 million. Im not that interested, but the action scenes look kinda cool, and the trailers have a sense of humor. If they played down the stupidity of the character etc it mught be a fun "ride" and get a few weeks of box office.

can anyone think of a movie that he was bad in?

i can't witch gives me hope.

He was bad in Con Air, but I still enjoyed the hell out of that movie. It was way over the top in a good way.

can anyone think of a movie that he was bad in?

i can't witch gives me hope.

Gee, where do I begin.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Valley Girl

The Weather Man

The one where he's an arms dealer (forgot the name) confused-smiley-013.gif

The one that mimics It's a Wonderful Life confused-smiley-013.gif