• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Nick Cage comic theft

139 posts in this topic

can anyone think of a movie that he was bad in?

i can't witch gives me hope.

Gee, where do I begin.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Valley Girl

The Weather Man

The one where he's an arms dealer (forgot the name) confused-smiley-013.gif

The one that mimics It's a Wonderful Life confused-smiley-013.gif

What? I love Valley Girl! For sure, like totally!

I love the line where the dude asks if the movie was in 3D and he says, "No, but your face is." 27_laughing.gif Kills me everytime. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Gee, where do I begin.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Valley Girl

The Weather Man

The one where he's an arms dealer (forgot the name) confused-smiley-013.gif

The one that mimics It's a Wonderful Life confused-smiley-013.gif

What? I love Valley Girl! For sure, like totally!

I love the line where the dude asks if the movie was in 3D and he says, "No, but your face is." 27_laughing.gif Kills me everytime. 893applaud-thumb.gif

God, I'm old....

Totally my opinion, but he's really not much of an actor.

I like Nic Cage, but, agreed, movies, actors, and entertainment in general is all subjective.

As an addendum to this thread, Cage is on Leno tonight and Leno brought up comics. Leno remembered visiting him at his home and seeing a Superman #1 (probably meant Action #1) in a frame. Leno made a joke that he couldn't get it down to look at it because it was screwed into the wall. Cage said that somebody else did and that after that he sold his collection. But he kept his Ghost Rider comics.

You mean he kept my Ghost Rider comics.

I had a deal with him years ago. He was being offered the role of Ghost Rider and as a consequence, wanted me to sell him the cover art to Ghost Rider #1. I told him that I do not sell art but would sell it to him if he took the role and if the movie grossed over 100 million dollars.

Boy, I really hope he has forgotten that conversation.

S

I think you can rely on the discretion and thoughtfulness of the CGC boardies to keep this to ourselves.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Unless we could figure out a way to make some money out of it. devil.gif

Totally my opinion, but he's really not much of an actor.

That about sums it up imo... although offcause it is subjective..

True.. considering that he's been nominated twice for an Academy award (winning Once.) Also won a Golden Globe.

(I don't think he's a bad actor. He chooses odd roles sometimes...)

The Wicker Man was one of the last year's worst movies...

Another pointless remake of a cult classic. Nice to see Cage having a go at old Hammer horror films, though...

No studio has come close to matching Hammer's quality in making genre films. Today's horror moviemakers could learn a thing or two by rewatching them... cloud9.gif

Jim

Another pointless remake of a cult classic. Nice to see Cage having a go at old Hammer horror films, though...

No studio has come close to matching Hammer's quality in making genre films. Today's horror moviemakers could learn a thing or two by rewatching them... cloud9.gif

Jim

You give today's moviemakers to much credit. tongue.gif

Jim

Damn right...they don't make 'em like that anymore - Christopher Lee and Edward Woodward were great in that film. Today's filmmakers will always have trouble recreating the atmosphere of those 60s / 70s flicks - especially a film so rooted in its' time like The Wicker Man...