• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonderbread treatment?

311 posts in this topic

Heroes spoilers....(my wife e-mailed this to me)...probably a fanboy rant.

Nathan and Peter will both be back next season. Don't worry. (Self: Peter, yes...but Nathan!?)

Why didn't Peter fly?? Because he couldn't control his power.

When the next season starts it will be with the last 4 minutes with

Hiro in the past. He will being staying in that century for a little

bit of time but this will give us some insight into the future.

WAIT until you meet the new upcoming villain. Remember Sylan is signed

up for a regular next season. You didn't really think that Sylar would

be the only person we would have to worry about did you?

Next season starts 4 months in the future.

Oh and don't worry about Greg. He will be back next season as well. Oh

and Nikki and Jessica are finally one in case you didn't figure that

out. There will no longer be anymore Jessica sightings.

No you didn't see Grandma's power YET but you will. You will see most of the elders'

powers next season. There is a reason it is called "Generations".

how do you know all of this? is it just stipulation?

The final episode was such a major let down. Part of me what hoping it would end with Petrelli actually 'going off'. Agree with what was said earlier about Peter punching Sylan - very lame. All in all, this episode seemed way melodramatic and was almost embarrasing to watch. Hiro's travel to Shogun Japan seems like a lame cliff hanger as I almost expected him to utter Sam Beckett's "Oh Boy!"

Most of Peter's powers aren't aggressive in nature:

Flight

Precognition

Time Manipulation, Teleportation

Spontaneous regeneration

Telekinesis

Telepathy

Invisibility

Radiation manipulation

Superhuman strength

The last one he picks up from Niki during the fight. That's also probably the one that's most natural to use. (Raw Physical Aggression.)

Except for Telekinesis which he picked up from Sylar and which he hasn't really used much, most aren't going to look really spectacular in a fight.

Flight

Precognition

Spontaneous regeneration

Telekinesis

Telepathy

Invisibility

Radiation manipulation

Superhuman strength

The last one he picks up from Niki during the fight. That's also probably the one that's most natural to use. (Raw Physical Aggression.)

Except for Telekinesis which he picked up from Sylar and which he hasn't really used much, most aren't going to look really spectacular in a fight.

I guess. I just wish there was more thought given. For example, the marketing slogan 'Save the Cheerleader, Save the World' was great but in retrospect unnecessary. Heck, we could have gotten rid of the whole show with trying to save Claire if all Nathan needed to do was swoop up and take Peter out of NY. You see my point, just really, really 3rd grade ending for non-thinkers. I mean, it wasnt intelligent in any sense.

"No you didn't see Grandma's power YET but you will. You will see most of the elders'

powers next season. There is a reason it is called "Generations". "

I was thinking that it was some kind of persuasion talent for Granny as she kept touching Nathan and telling him what to do....which he would then repeat back to her. If that's the case, I'd recommend that they read up on some "Purple Man" modern stories for ideas to steal. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Flight

Precognition

Spontaneous regeneration

Telekinesis

Telepathy

Invisibility

Radiation manipulation

Superhuman strength

I guess. I just wish there was more thought given. For example, the marketing slogan 'Save the Cheerleader, Save the World' was great but in retrospect unnecessary. Heck, we could have gotten rid of the whole show with trying to save Claire if all Nathan needed to do was swoop up and take Peter out of NY. You see my point, just really, really 3rd grade ending for non-thinkers. I mean, it wasnt intelligent in any sense.

Hiro was mistaken when he pieced together the timeline... but he was indirectly correct. It's kind of like the butterfly effect. What it DID do was bring Claire into the Petrelli arc though... and it was when Claire said that the "Future wasn't written in Stone" that caused Nathan to change his mind. That event and her leaping out the window to go back to HRG and Peter caused Nathan to come back to NY for Peter (and his daughter) which altered the future.

So saving the cheerleader WAS necessary... just not for the original reasons.

Flight

Precognition

Spontaneous regeneration

Telekinesis

Telepathy

Invisibility

Radiation manipulation

Superhuman strength

Hiro was mistaken when he pieced together the timeline... but he was indirectly correct. It's kind of like the butterfly effect. What it DID do was bring Claire into the Petrelli arc though... and it was when Claire said that the "Future wasn't written in Stone" that caused Nathan to change his mind. That event and her leaping out the window to go back to HRG and Peter caused Nathan to come back to NY for Peter (and his daughter) which altered the future.

So saving the cheerleader WAS necessary... just not for the original reasons.

Also if Peter didn't go save the cheerleader he would of never soaked up her powers and the explosion would of killed him. SO Peter did need to save the cheerleader. thumbsup2.gif

Hiro's travel to Shogun Japan seems like a lame cliff hanger as I almost expected him to utter Sam Beckett's "Oh Boy!"

I had to same exact thought. 27_laughing.gif But I like Hiro, so I'm willing to give it a chance.

I'm just glad that there's a half way decent superhero show on the air with characters that I actually care about. It's not perfect, but what is.

I agree, just like a comic book...some issues/episodes are better than others! thumbsup2.gif

I agree that the final episode was a MAJOR letdown. It seems to me that the final event of Peter exploding and Nathan flying him to outer space to save NY could have happened without any of the other characters. What relevance did Sylar play? How did killing him save the world? Peter was going to explode whether Sylar died or not. Why did they have to save the cheerleader? What relevance did she play?

I agree that the final episode was a MAJOR letdown. It seems to me that the final event of Peter exploding and Nathan flying him to outer space to save NY could have happened without any of the other characters. What relevance did Sylar play? How did killing him save the world? Peter was going to explode whether Sylar died or not. Why did they have to save the cheerleader? What relevance did she play?

Why did they have to save the cheerleader?

Peter needed to save cheerleader to get her powers...Otherwise He dies when he blows up.

What relevance did Sylar play?

Peter wouldn't of lost control of his powers if he didn't have the fight with Sylar. So Sylar was the detonator.

How did killing him save the world?

If Sylar was alive he could of used his powers to Knock Nathan out of reach of Peter, Just like he did with Hiro before he (Sylar) "died"

Just the way I see it.

Why did they have to save the cheerleader?

Peter needed to save cheerleader to get her powers...Otherwise He dies when he blows up.

What relevance did Sylar play?

Peter wouldn't of lost control of his powers if he didn't have the fight with Sylar. So Sylar was the detonator.

How did killing him save the world?

If Sylar was alive he could of used his powers to Knock Nathan out of reach of Peter, Just like he did with Hiro before he (Sylar) "died"

Just the way I see it.

According to future Hiro, they had to save the cheerleader so Syalr wouldn't get her regenerative powers so that when he later took the Ken's powers he wouldn't be able to explode consequence free and he'd also still be able to be killed.

Still, I think it's a weak plot line. I would have liked it better if Sylar was going to to the damage, not merely preventing someone from stopping Peter from blowing up. Very passive/aggressive.

And who cares if Peter had regenerative powers or not? He could still save the world. It was "Save the cheerleader, save the world". Not "Save the cheerleader, or Peter will die". I buy Jordan's explanation, but it still makes me roll my eyes. Very silly. I thought the cheerleader was going to play a pivotal roll in saving the earth. Not merely preventing Sylar from getting regenerative powers. No one's DOING anything, but Peter. The rest are just there to prevent things from happening. Very anti-cimatic. I'm disappointed I watched all season.

Still, I think it's a weak plot line. I would have liked it better if Sylar was going to to the damage, not merely preventing someone from stopping Peter from blowing up. Very passive/aggressive.

I agree that once they had future Hiro reveal why they needed to save Claire it did kinda limit Sylar as a big bad. We hadn't seen all the powers he absorbed but it would have been very bad writing for him to have coincidentally taken another regenerator's powers.

To have him go from being actively evil to a mastermind would have worked better if he'd not confronted them in Kirby Plaza.